Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

edkam

Jan 19, 2008, 3:34 PM

Post #1 of 3 (6117 views)

Shortcut

Driver's License

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have heard that there are some special problems connected with obtaining a driver's license in Sinaloa. Does anyone know what they are, and how I would go about obtaining such a license?

MazDee

Jan 19, 2008, 10:18 PM

Post #2 of 3 (6098 views)

Shortcut

Re: [edkam] Driver's License

I don't know what you have heard. in Mazatlán you have to go to a lecture (one hour in Spanish), take a written test which is offered in English and is easy, take a driving test. They also want your blood type, which goes on your license. When I got mine, I went to a lab for that, but I think they now may have a place at the license office where you can get it. Some states in México apparently just give licenses to anybody with the money. I am glad Sinaloa, or at least Mazatlán, tries to do better!

Marlene / Moderator

Jan 20, 2008, 7:36 AM

Post #3 of 3 (6085 views)

Shortcut

Re: [edkam] Driver's License

There has been some changes in the past couple of years. I think you might be referring to the length of time they require a foreigner to have an FM3 now. Also, they are requiring a letter from a Mexican national, along with a copy of his or her credential, stating that you are a person known to them. You should get the finer details from their office, as these things tend to change. The office in the mall is a good place to ask questions, since the main office (where you take your test) is always packed with people.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4