Aug 17, 2001, 4:34 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2501 views)

Shortcut

ANOTHER! So what's this one for?

Can't Post |
People have told me:
WE WANT A FORUM THAT:
- is a place to discuss and share routes;
- is a place to post warnings and conditions by those who have recently travelled a particular route;
- is for sharing great day-trips.
- For handling car, permit, importation, exportation, purchase, insurance, selling, foreign plate, domestic plate, accident procedures etc.;
- is for tips, advice, hidden destinations, potholes, radar traps (?), Cota fees, distances,
- is for bus routes, recommendations, schedules,
- is for ferries, routes, rates and advisories;
- is for Mexico City survival guides, circulaciůn days,
- is for - anything and everything to do with getting there or not, and back.<p>It is NOT for anything else!
(Oh yes, it is also commercial free, but posting responses recommending someone or an agency is OK, as long as it is not a blatant hustle!)<p>Enjoy!<p>Happy trails!<p>David
Da Web Jef

Ernie Gorrie

Aug 17, 2001, 4:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2494 views)

Shortcut

Wonderful Timing

Can't Post |
I'll try to put the record of my March 2001 return drive between Nogales to Zihuatanejo up during the weekend.<p>I'm planning a September 2001 drive from Ciudad Juarez to Zihuatanejo now. I'll look forward to any tips on this drive and post a report after the drive.

Mary

Aug 17, 2001, 5:38 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2493 views)

Shortcut

Wonderful Timing

Can't Post |
: I'll try to put the record of my March 2001 return drive between Nogales to Zihuatanejo up during the weekend.<p>: I'm planning a September 2001 drive from Ciudad Juarez to Zihuatanejo now. I'll look forward to any tips on this drive and post a report after the drive.<p>This is wonderful indeed. i am planning a trip at christmas from california to patzcuaro. I have only three weeks or less. dec.22 leave, back to work by jan. 14. Me 2 dogs and 1993 Nissan Sentra. anyone care to tell me the fastest and safest route to make the trip? thanks

jennifer rose

Aug 17, 2001, 6:52 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2496 views)

Shortcut

California to Patzcuaro

Can't Post |
Itís Highway 15 all the way. Almost. Head down toward Hermosillo, Cd. Obregon, Navajoa, Los Mochis, Culiacan, Mazatlan, Tepic, Guadalajara, and on toward Morelia. Taking the cuotas wherever possible, the only touchy part of the drive is from Mazatlan to Tepic. <p>At Morelia (which is a southbound exit off the Guadalajara-Mexico City cuota), follow my directions at http://www.mexconnect.com/foromichoacan/messages/106.html -- except in reverse. Actually, at the libramiento just beyond the fairgrounds, the sign to Patzcuaro now directs traffic through the north side of Morelia. Either end of the loop will lead you to the Patzcuaro turnoff. From Morelia to Patzcuaro, itís a divided highway.<p>Now thereís a somewhat shorter, but not necessarily quicker, route from the Guadalajara-Mexico City cuota to Patzcuaro, but itís all 2-lane blacktop. Youíre better off saving the scenic route for your return home.<p>Thereís already some archived discussion threads which bear reference.<p>

Ernie Gorrie

Sep 10, 2001, 7:59 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2493 views)

Shortcut

By-passing Morelia - North to South

Can't Post |
Jennifer also posted the route for getting from the north end of Morelia to the Patzcuaro turnoff in a separate message. It's at the link below.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4