Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

The other Bill

Aug 18, 2001, 12:56 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3710 views)

Shortcut

the new forum

Can't Post |
The first Bill might be confused, but I think the new forum is a good idea. Routes and car problems of various kinds take up a lot of space and it seems that to centralize this sort of thing will work well. Yeah, there's some redundancy, but big deal.

Bill

Aug 20, 2001, 9:44 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3704 views)

Shortcut

Sanitizing the Forums; Reducing Credibility

Can't Post |
Had people the opportunity to understand what you're responding to it might be helpful. It's interesting that the Moderator chose to delete my post (from this and the General Forum) which was not critical but rather made observations and raised a couple of questions, in friendly verbage and in a spirit of working toward the same goals, that David and/or the Moderator have chosen not to respond to. My position has been consistent, the site owner is free to run his business as he sees fit, and nobody has a gun to their head forcing them to participate as a poster, but I think that the credibility of a business promoter (such as this site) is important to many who participate, and the now-increased rate of "sanitizing" the Forum's of legitimate comment (without explaining to posters what new and undefined guideline they've violated) casts a shadow over those with trigger fingers and raises the question of motive.<p>

David McL

Aug 20, 2001, 10:05 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3709 views)

Shortcut

Sanitizing the Forums; Reducing Credibility

Can't Post |
Sorry Bill, I meant to respond over the W/E but forgot.
Your comments about too many Forums are appreciated, as are the comments by the others.
In addition I receive a number of private emails - both criticizing and supporting the current structure of Forums.<p>My decision is to leave the Forums as they are now, and not expand. Also, I will be compiling the search engine index weekly instead of monthly so that topics will be easier to find.<p>I believe that each Forum now serves a good purpose, and that the 2 major forums - General and LWR - will continue to include as broad a range of topics as before.<p>Also note the new Fourms FAQs on the menu bar.<p>Nothing sinister implied in the deletions and not responding. Just busy, had received valid feedback and wanted to move on.<p>Suerte<p>David

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4