Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Ernie Gorrie

Aug 20, 2001, 2:29 PM

Post #1 of 6 (4848 views)

Shortcut

Vehicle Permit At Ciudad Juarez

Can't Post |
Has anyone driven across the border at Ciudad Juarez recently? I'm trying to determine the location to do my paperwork to get the temporary importation papers for my pickup truck when I drive down in September.<p>I've heard that I do it right after crossing the border, in C. Juarez. I've also heard that I do it at a checkpoint about 30 km. inside Mexico. I know that when I drove in at Nogales last year I did the paperwork then at a 21 km. checkpoint.<p>BTW, I hope I'm correct in assuming that my friend can pick up his FMT at the same location where I do my vehicle paperwork. I have an FM3, so I won't need to do that part. I understand though, that I have to turn in a piece of paper that migracion gave me when I most recently left Mexico. I'm assuming I can do that at the same place where we do my friend's FMT and my vehicle paperwork.

Jim Nelson

Aug 20, 2001, 4:52 PM

Post #2 of 6 (4842 views)

Shortcut

Vehicle Permit At Ciudad Juarez

Can't Post |
When I crossed the border at this location,it took us over five hours to complete the paper work & get out of the parking lot,this was four or five years ago,the office for the paper work is about a 40min drive after you cross the border,Jaime.

Ernie Gorrie

Aug 21, 2001, 1:26 PM

Post #3 of 6 (4842 views)

Shortcut

Five Hours?!

Can't Post |
Five hours to do the paperwork for a temporary vehicle importation? Do you know if this is common?<p>It took us about 45 minutes when we crossed at Nogales in March 2000. Of course, our crossing at 4:30 AM may have had something to do with that.

jennifer rose

Aug 21, 2001, 2:31 PM

Post #4 of 6 (4842 views)

Shortcut

Five Hours?!

Can't Post |
I have encountered similar multi-hour, seemingly interminable waits, in a sea of bodies at various borders, but those were years ago. And each took place during the peak hours of a holiday or vacation weekend. Plenty of folks had the same idea about crossing in the pre-dawn hours, too. It pays to pay attention to peak rush periods and to get to the border particularly early. But like the bar exam, acne, or really boring parts of the drive down, it's all part of the price of admission.<p>2 a.m. is not too early to make that crossing!

arbon

Aug 21, 2001, 4:15 PM

Post #5 of 6 (4841 views)

Shortcut

Five Hours?!

Can't Post |
We crossed at Nogales in the early morning and every body was asleep,even the guy in the 1'X 1' photo-copy shed,curled up like a cat,only took us
30 min's .<p>: It took us about 45 minutes when we crossed at Nogales in March 2000. Of course, our crossing at 4:30 AM may have had something to do with that.<p>

Jim Nelson

Aug 21, 2001, 5:11 PM

Post #6 of 6 (4844 views)

Shortcut

Five Hours?!

Can't Post |
At Nogales it has taken us up to 2.5 hours to clear the paper work,last year was the best ever,we arrived at2.30pm &we were back on the road by 3.00pm,the date was Dec 22,Jaime.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4