Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Bloviator

Nov 3, 2007, 2:24 PM

Post #1 of 13 (5753 views)

Shortcut

Chapala.com

Can't Post | Private Reply
I renewed my membership today primarily to ask the question - "What happened to Chapala.com?" I've tried to log on all day and cannot do so. I keep getting a message that the wonderful world of internet cannot find the web site I'm seeking. Que pasa?

tonyburton

Nov 3, 2007, 2:29 PM

Post #2 of 13 (5740 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bloviator] Chapala.com

Your renewal is greatly appreciated! I believe chapala.com must have a server issue of some kind. Hopefully, they will resolve it shortly - why do such things always happen at the weekend? Fortunately, meanwhile, you've got plenty of time to read the many articles just published in our November edition... Enjoy!

Bloviator

Nov 3, 2007, 2:51 PM

Post #3 of 13 (5734 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Chapala.com

Thanks Tony. I'm looking forward to getting together with you when you are in Ajijic in January??.

It is interesting to come back and see the same old people, with the same old and very interesting comments and good information, coupled with the contributions and questions of those who are new.

It is especially nice to see that Miguel Palomares (At least one posting) seems to have returned. I very much enjoyed speaking with him in the Plaza in Patzcuaro a couple of months ago.

tonyburton

Nov 3, 2007, 6:11 PM

Post #4 of 13 (5709 views)

Shortcut

Yes, I'm planning to be there in early January (from around the 5th to the 12th or so) and look forward to meeting you and other MexConnectors then.
Sadly, I don't think Miguel Palomares has returned - perhaps you were reading an old post - but we very much look forward to your renewed participation in these forums.

Septiembre

Nov 5, 2007, 9:39 AM

Post #5 of 13 (5601 views)

Shortcut

Well, I'm trying to check Chapala.com today and it is still not working. What in the world happened?

Greetings to all from not very sunny England!

sandykayak

Nov 5, 2007, 2:54 PM

Post #6 of 13 (5568 views)

Shortcut

darn, Tony, I was hoping to meet you one day. I'll be there from Dec 15th thru New Year's Day.
Sandy Kramer
Miami, Fla & El Parque

Ron Pickering W3FJW

Nov 5, 2007, 5:01 PM

Post #7 of 13 (5544 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sandykayak] Chapala.com

I heard they were replacing the server it running on, but that should only be a couple hours job if they know what they're doing....
Getting older and still not down here.

Bloviator

Nov 6, 2007, 5:27 AM

Post #8 of 13 (5506 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ron Pickering W3FJW] Chapala.com

It's back up about mid-day Nov 5, Monday. It's amazing how boring topics are that have been sitting dormant for a week. Makes wonder if it was worth the effort to be involved in the first place.

jaybear

Nov 6, 2007, 4:20 PM

Post #9 of 13 (5450 views)

Shortcut

Well, chapala.com seems to be down again. At least when they got the server working again on Monday, the old posts were still there; better SO FAR than last year, when we all prior posts were lost.

I continue to appreciate mexconnect for words of wisdom, especially on travel. It is amazing how a small fee per year can deter the stupid posters. I continue to wonder at this; I never thought that $30 a year separated the good from the bad, but so be it.

We took our visiting relatives to Mezcala Island this week and also to Tapalpa--both day trips that we knew about from reading Tony's book and this website.
"Don't believe everything you think" - Maxine

JayBear

tonyburton

Nov 6, 2007, 4:56 PM

Post #10 of 13 (5446 views)

Shortcut

Sandy, I'm sure our paths will cross someday. When I'm more sure of my precise movements, I'll post a time/place here so that any Mexconnectors who wish to can meet me for a coffee/drink/chat as the case may be. Given how much rain has fallen here (Vancouver Island) in the past few hours, some sunshine sounds like a better idea every minute!

Mark Landes

Nov 6, 2007, 7:37 PM

Post #11 of 13 (5423 views)

Shortcut

I renewed today---and am surprised to see no posting about the flooding...
Mark

sandykayak

Nov 7, 2007, 7:17 AM

Post #12 of 13 (5392 views)

Shortcut

VANCOUVER ISLAND??? Well, in that case....I'd much rather meet you there. tis my favorite place. Fell totally in love with the Victoria area. In fact, I just came across a bunch of Emily Carr books I bought while there. Felt sooo good when I toured her house. Will start by reading the autobiography again to refresh my memory.

Where do you live? If you want to do this offlist sandykayak@yahoo.com
Sandy Kramer
Miami, Fla & El Parque

Jean

Nov 7, 2007, 12:30 PM

Post #13 of 13 (5366 views)

Shortcut

I feel your pain Tony. After living lakeside for 3 1/2 years and then moving to the Sunshine Coast, which I discovered is an oxymoron, then the Kootneys and then the Okanagan, I couldn't wait to get back to Lakeside and SUNSHINE!!! God we get spoiled here. BC is beautifull but it just couldn't compare to Lakeside.

Jean
Retirement Communities
http://www.retirecommunities.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4