Nov 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #34 of 40
Re: [jennifer rose] A Driver's License Renewal from Hell
Can't Post | Private Reply
The central Mexican states of Morelos, Puebla and Guerrero are more lenient. Foreigners there can get a driver's license with a valid tourist visa, or FMT.
Jen, thanks for the post, it's something that that may cause future issues in getting a Mexican drivers license. It’s good knowing Morelos, and other states are still more lenient.
Fortunately, if all goes well, in the next few weeks or so, I will fly/drive too Morelia. Based on what is going on right now, it would probably be best to get my butt over to the drivers licensing bureau, (need correct name) show them my current Guad addressed FM3 and get my Mexican DL.
1. Will I have to show them my valid NoB driver’s license or is this not necessary?
2. Is there some sort of literature I must read in order to pass a test, if any.
3. If there is a test, is it in Spanish or is there an English option?
4. If my resident address is in Guad, will they still issue me a license in Morelia?
5. Is license’s issued at the counter or is it mailed?
Mexican officials said the application rules are strictly enforced, especially in southern states that have a problem with illegal immigrants from Central America.
That sounds like perhaps Chiapas and thereabouts?
(This post was edited by Oscar2 on Nov 16, 2007, 11:34 AM)