Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Ernie Gorrie

Sep 2, 2001, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 7 (6087 views)

Shortcut

Motels?: Hermosillo, Mazatlan, Tequila, Morelia/Patzcuaro

Can't Post |
I think those will be roughly our stops during my drive this month to Troncones, Gro.<p>Each night we are looking for inexpensive, basic beds with secure parking. I'm expecting that we'll arrive each evening by about 17:00 and each morning we'll be on the road by about 06:00.<p>Any suggestions for such inexpensive accommodation? We'll be looking for either two beds or two rooms. (Despite our frugality, I'm not sure that either of us wants to sleep on a cold floor.) We don't mind staying in motels de paso or paradores if they meet the criteria of inexpensive with secure parking. We have no reputations to uphold in any of these communities.

jennifer rose

Sep 2, 2001, 1:29 PM

Post #2 of 7 (6084 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
In Morelia, there’s a Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express, both on Camelinas. In Patzcuaro, I’d recommend the Villa Patzcuaro and the Don Vasco, both on Av. Lazaro Cardenas between the muelle and the center of town.

arbon

Sep 2, 2001, 4:54 PM

Post #3 of 7 (6084 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Ernie,so what changed your mind about the *other*
route.?<p>: I think those will be roughly our stops during my drive this month to Troncones, Gro.<p>: Each night we are looking for inexpensive, basic beds with secure parking. I'm expecting that we'll arrive each evening by about 17:00 and each morning we'll be on the road by about 06:00.<p>: Any suggestions for such inexpensive accommodation? We'll be looking for either two beds or two rooms. (Despite our frugality, I'm not sure that either of us wants to sleep on a cold floor.) We don't mind staying in motels de paso or paradores if they meet the criteria of inexpensive with secure parking. We have no reputations to uphold in any of these communities.<p>

Marvin Kemel

Sep 2, 2001, 5:36 PM

Post #4 of 7 (6084 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
In Hermosillo try the Buganbillia. Right on the mian drag @ the North end of the city. Very clean, classy , a little pricey, very secure.

Ernie Gorrie

Sep 2, 2001, 10:37 PM

Post #5 of 7 (6081 views)

Shortcut

Coast versus Interior

Can't Post |
I'm taking eight weeks vacation this year. Five weeks plus 21 days from overtime accrual. (I'm waiting to read the comments about the damn unions in British Columbia giving the workers too much.)<p>A friend is driving down with me. He is taking three weeks as he already spent three weeks in Troncones this year as well as taking some other time off. (Hey, he's a finance manager. Why does he get so much vacation?)<p>Anyway, I considered that if we took the interior route, I couldn't stand to be so close to Copper Canyon and not spend a couple of days there. Then I would also want to spend a couple of days at Teotihuacan or alternatively a day at Tequila and a couple of days at Patzcuaro. After figuring things out, I realised we would be two weeks on the drive, leaving my friend with not much relaxation time.<p>So this trip is back down the coast. This route will give my friend more time at the beach and lower cost as we'll be staying at my house in Troncones.<p>I'm hoping to spend an afternoon and night in Tequila to tour a production facility, but I'm not positive the timing will be right.

Bruce

Dec 27, 2001, 4:46 PM

Post #6 of 7 (6083 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: I think those will be roughly our stops during my drive this month to Troncones, Gro.<p>: Each night we are looking for inexpensive, basic beds with secure parking. I'm expecting that we'll arrive each evening by about 17:00 and each morning we'll be on the road by about 06:00.<p>: Any suggestions for such inexpensive accommodation? We'll be looking for either two beds or two rooms. (Despite our frugality, I'm not sure that either of us wants to sleep on a cold floor.) We don't mind staying in motels de paso or paradores if they meet the criteria of inexpensive with secure parking. We have no reputations to uphold in any of these communities.<p>

Bruce

Dec 27, 2001, 4:59 PM

Post #7 of 7 (6085 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
We recently (Nov 01)stayed overnight in Hermosillo.
The San Sebastian was on Hwy 15 Sth. We had a modern double room with nice tv, remote, digital controled air conditioner, immaculate tiled shower. The sink faucets included a third nozzle for purified water.
You park in front of your room. The hotel resturant is located in front of rooms with in ground swimming pool in between. A comfortable casual Resturant featured a large buffet for all meals. Only 450 pesos for gigante breakfast selection. Fresh juices, capacino machine, deserts. If you like fresh vegetable omlets made to order there was a chef preparing requests.
We learned a trick at the table. By putting the tip (20 pesos) out on the table when we sat down it prompted waiter attention. From then on self service for drinks ended and we received waiter service.
The room tarif came to $40 tax included. This turned out to be our best hotel, hotel value of the trip.
Best Wishes,
Bruce

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4