Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Barry

Sep 2, 2001, 4:49 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4015 views)

Shortcut

Bus Travel

Can't Post |
?I am planning to use the bus to get from Jocotepec to Manzanillo. It seems a waste to backtrack to the old bus station,then to the new bus station and on to the beach. Any suggestions? Does anyone know of a comfortable bus from the OLD bus station to Manzanillo?

Wendy

Sep 5, 2001, 12:40 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4013 views)

Shortcut

Bus Travel to Manzanillo

Can't Post |
Barry,<p>The long distance buses to Manzanillo run frequently from the new bus station.<p>But...I've found it saves a great deal of time, catching the bus at the periferico where the long distance buses take the highway out of the city. <p>When I wanted to take the bus from Jocotepec to Manzanillo like you, my friend in Guadalajara said that I would have to come back to the city and leave from there. So this periferico arrangement was a handy comprimise. <p> Sincerely Wendy<p>: ?I am planning to use the bus to get from Jocotepec to Manzanillo. It seems a waste to backtrack to the old bus station,then to the new bus station and on to the beach. Any suggestions? Does anyone know of a comfortable bus from the OLD bus station to Manzanillo?<p>

Barry

Sep 5, 2001, 4:40 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4014 views)

Shortcut

Bus Travel to Manzanillo

Can't Post |
: Barry,<p>: The long distance buses to Manzanillo run frequently from the new bus station.<p>: But...I've found it saves a great deal of time, catching the bus at the periferico where the long distance buses take the highway out of the city. <p>: When I wanted to take the bus from Jocotepec to Manzanillo like you, my friend in Guadalajara said that I would have to come back to the city and leave from there. So this periferico arrangement was a handy comprimise. <p>: Sincerely Wendy<p>: : ?I am planning to use the bus to get from Jocotepec to Manzanillo. It seems a waste to backtrack to the old bus station,then to the new bus station and on to the beach. Any suggestions? Does anyone know of a comfortable bus from the OLD bus station to Manzanillo?<p>Hola Wendy!
TY
We could cab it to the Periferico but please, exactly where? Any details would be appreciated. Eg. Near Plaza Del Sol? ETN, or other specific companies that will stop.
I don't relish the idea of standing in the sun with 2 70+ year olds and not knowing what I am doing. I listed my e-mail, if you wish to use it.
Thanks Again
Barry swamee111@yahoo.com

Wendy

Sep 7, 2001, 6:31 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4011 views)

Shortcut

Ideas

Can't Post |
Hi Barry,<p>We can share the info here. Maybe the info will be useful to others.<p>: We could cab it to the Periferico but please, exactly where? Any details would be appreciated. Eg. Near Plaza Del Sol?<p>The street where Plaza del Sol is located is called Avenida López Mateos. I always catch the bus where López Mateos meets the south periferico.<p>It seems like the deluxe bus-lines like ETN all stop there. It's noisy, gritty, busy but there are shade and refreshment stands. I've never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for a direct bus to Manzanillo.<p>However since you are thinking of taking a cab anyway, another idea is to take a cab directly from Jocotepec over to where the side highway meets Hwy 80.<p>My husband drove this highway last year and he thinks Jocotepec is quite close to Hwy 80.<p> He dropped me off at a bus stop near Acatlan and I hopped the bus into Guadalajara.<p> When I looked at the map and noted how close Jocotepec seemed to the highway, my friend told me local buses from Jocotepec do not take this route. But if I was in Jocotepec, I would ask if this is correct. It seems quite likely that cabs would take you over to the highway.<p>One place to catch the bus would be ...where the cuota highway begins to towards Colima. There are large, clean bathrooms too...always a plus for the Mexican traveler.<p>It's been my general experience, that waving your hand a Mexican bus driver gets them to stop, just about anywhere. <p>Hope this bit helps! Sincerely Wendy

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4