Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Charles

Sep 10, 2001, 12:38 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3470 views)

Shortcut

Route around Mexico City

Can't Post |
I want to get around Mexico City. Coming in on Highway 57 from Queretaro I want a map or drawing of the turn to take to get onto the Anillo Periferico which runs past the airport and takes you to route 150 in the southeast.
Three times I have missed the turn off #57 and wound up in the middle of Mexico city with street people jumping on the hood of my car and banging on the roof demanding money.
I sure would appreciate any help for my trip again this winter.

Loco

Sep 10, 2001, 10:37 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3467 views)

Shortcut

What map are you looking at

Can't Post |
Anillo Periferico doesn't run near the airport. It runs south from Chapultepec to the UNAM area. If you turn east on Viaduto M. Aleman, right (left) after Chapultepec, it runs into Calz Ignacio Zaragoza which becomes 150. I think you need a better map and a shotgun rider.

JOHN

Aug 13, 2002, 5:17 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3470 views)

Shortcut

Route around Mexico City

Can't Post |
: I want to get around Mexico City. Coming in on Highway 57 from Queretaro I want a map or drawing of the turn to take to get onto the Anillo Periferico which runs past the airport and takes you to route 150 in the southeast.
: Three times I have missed the turn off #57 and wound up in the middle of Mexico city with street people jumping on the hood of my car and banging on the roof demanding money.
: I sure would appreciate any help for my trip again this winter.
PS/We were just there in August (DF). My friend lives in [on] Ajusco. He gave us directions 57 from Queretaro becomes the Periferico entering into Nacaulpan and Satelite. Stay on that passing the PERISUR Mall (RADISSON on the right)If you are heading to Puebla and Oaxaca, take EJE #8 Ermita Ixtpalapa to 150. Good luck and keep your wit in the DF! You won't pass the airport on this one.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4