Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

1chilehead

Jul 26, 2007, 8:00 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2881 views)

Shortcut

Advice on buying a business

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi All,

I just got back from heavenly Manzanillo where I went to look at a charming restaurant I'd like to buy. The place has been established for about 6 years and the owner is a sweetheart and willing to help with all the details. Her staff is great also and really want me as the buyer, as does the owner. I met some great people down here, including Susan Dearing who is a contributer here - another sweetheart!

My question is this: have any of you had experience with being an American buying a Mexican business? Any advice would be really appreciated. I've been doing some research and we did get to the Hacienda and such to get some of the required documentation, but I would like to know from anyone who has done it.

Thanks,
Terri

donnameyer

Aug 8, 2007, 5:51 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2773 views)

Shortcut

Re: [1chilehead] Advice on buying a business

I suggest you contact Kris Rudolph. She has owned a El buen Cafe in San Miguel de Allende for many years and can give you info on all the ins and outs required of running such a business in Mexico. You can contact her through her website, www.mexicocooks.com
Donna
http://www.experience-san-miguel-de-allende.com
Click on "Best SMA Restaurants" to post your own restaurant reviews and recommendations.

sparks

Aug 9, 2007, 5:58 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2745 views)

Shortcut

Re: [1chilehead] Advice on buying a business

Let us know what/where the restaurant is. We live in the Melaque/Barra area just north and are in Manzanillo often. We have a Manz section on our message board and there is one on TomZap or email me.

Just got a notice that my subscription is up here this month and I won't be able to read after that.

Thanks

I would be most concerned about a lease with a landlord if thats the case, but maybe you're able to buy the property as well. The business FM3 is quite detailed but should be easy. Immigration in Manzanillo is about the best

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4