Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

plumppidgeon

Jul 26, 2007, 5:43 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2937 views)

Shortcut

information on Baja Ferries

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi......
This is a rejoin for me, as I am moving back to Mexico the end of summer or firtst of Fall. Need so info on Baja and driving down the penninsula and things that one needs in case of an emergency. I will obtain a cell phone in Tijuana, and that will give me access to help on an unneeded emergency. But where do I call and so on and so forth. Plus is it easier to take a ferry Mazatlan or one to a destination further north. Plus I am in need of at least a 2 bedroom home furnished in Ajijic or Chapala or somewhere close at hand, with rent no more than 600.00 Us dollars a month. So any advice and help will be ever so gratefully appreciated. I am so looking forward to returning.
Thanks Paula

bournemouth

Jul 26, 2007, 6:25 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2932 views)

Shortcut

Re: [plumppidgeon] information on Baja Ferries

Paula - I don't know where you are coming from but maybe the California coast somewhere. Might it not be easier to drive over to Nogales in Arizona, and then head straight down Highway 15 to Guadalajara, then over to the Chapala area?

You can look for rentals at these links: www.ajijicrentals.com or try the MLS service in this area - this link will take you to the members,then go to their websites which usually have rentals listed:

http://www.mlsmexico.com/chapala/public/members.asp

plumppidgeon

Jul 26, 2007, 6:42 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2931 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] information on Baja Ferries

Hi Mr, Bournemouth...........Thanks for the info I am leaving from the State of Washington and was looking at trying to avoid going across the desert to Phoenix and then to Tucson and on to Nogales and then head to Chapala. Only because I think it won't be quite as hot thru Baja. I was born and raised in Phoenix and any time from May thru October can be gruelling HOT. I have quite a few real estate rental places I keep track of but just thought that sometimes places are rented there and not thru the real estate agents and some one may know a really great place on the forum. So I really appreciate your help and anyone else that has thoughts or suggestions on this.
Paula

Marlene / Moderator

Jul 27, 2007, 7:59 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2911 views)

Shortcut

Re: [plumppidgeon] information on Baja Ferries

You may well find it just as hot along the Baja highways, but with Fall tropical storms added into the mix. The waiting in line for the ferry in that extreme heat would be a consideration for me. I live in Mazatlan where we experience similar weather conditions to the Baja. It's very hot here all through summer and Fall. My choice would be to cross at Nogales and travel along main toll highway 15. You can travel at a better pace, and get out of the desert heat more quickly.

Bloviator

Jul 27, 2007, 4:12 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2887 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] information on Baja Ferries

Also, the ferry tolls are very pricy.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4