Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

jerezano

Jul 26, 2007, 11:38 AM

Post #1 of 9 (27231 views)

Shortcut

Accented vowels

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello,
This is a post to see if the practice forum is accepting accented vowels. In the past it did, but one of the other forums which accepted accented vowels refused them in two of my recent postings.

So, let's see how they come out on this forum:

áéþíóúÁÉÍÓÚ

jerezano

tonyburton

Jul 26, 2007, 11:47 AM

Post #2 of 9 (27228 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Accented vowels

accents do not appear correctly on my screen (but that may be my own screen settings) - what does anyone else see?
Tony

PS On the other hand, the following accented letters do appear correctly on my screen:
; , , , . [accented e, a, o, i and enye respectively]

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Jul 26, 2007, 11:48 AM)

Rolly

Jul 26, 2007, 12:04 PM

Post #3 of 9 (27224 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Accented vowels

Jerezano's are not OK on my screen, but yours are.

Rolly Pirate

tonyburton

Jul 26, 2007, 12:13 PM

Post #4 of 9 (27223 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Accented vowels

OK; that's 2-1 so far... anyone else watching? Tony.

Rolly

Jul 26, 2007, 12:55 PM

Post #5 of 9 (27218 views)

Shortcut

Can you see mine OK?

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on Jul 26, 2007, 12:56 PM)

Papirex

Jul 26, 2007, 1:26 PM

Post #6 of 9 (27216 views)

Shortcut

Yeah Tony, Im seeing the same thing that Rolly is. Jerezanos are not correct but yours are. A person might want to enable the English international keyboard in the control panel to be able to type the accents easily like this:
~

With the English international keyboard enabled, a person can easily type in English or Spanish without needing to switch languages or remember a string of numbers to get the Spanish characters. There are instructions for using this keyboard configuration somewhere on the Internet; a Google search will probably find it. I just experimented a bit to find which keys to press to get the accents.

Some things are quite easy, the most common accent over a letter is done by pressing the apostrophe key before typing the letter, as in this letter the accent will appear when typing the letter in this case the e. When you are typing in English and you want to type a contraction, as in cant, just type it in the normal way. The apostrophe will appear when you finish the word, or you press the space bar, your choice.

Some special characters require you to press 2 or 3 keys simultaneously, usually the ALT and the CTRL keys and sometimes just the CTRL key, usually on the right side of the keyboard, as well as the key that has the special character. Its fairly easy once you get the hang of it.
Rex

Hey guys, I had to edit this after I posted it. The word shy and some other stuff appeared right in the middle of the string of Spanish letters and symbols I had typed. Maybe jerezanos computer is OK and the problem is with the program this site is using.

What's the matter with this site today? I just had to edit my post for the second time. All the spaces between the paragraphs disapeared when I posted the corrections I had made in my first edit. I just put them back in, if they disapear again I am going to leave it as is. If you get eye strain reading it, it won't be my fault.
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

(This post was edited by RexC on Jul 26, 2007, 1:36 PM)

tonyburton

Jul 26, 2007, 1:45 PM

Post #7 of 9 (27209 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RexC] Accented vowels

Both your message, and Rolly's look just fine to me! Thanks!

jerezano

Jul 26, 2007, 2:24 PM

Post #8 of 9 (27204 views)

Shortcut

Hello,

I have problems apparently. I have my computer set to international keyboard and have used the international keyboard for years, so I am well experienced with it. Perhaps the problem resides in gmail which I just started using on my other computer as my basic mail system. Here I am using Internet explorer and am connected directly to mexconnect.com and this forum so let me try again . They all look OK in my entered message, so I will click on post reply and see what happens.

Adis. jerezano

jerezano

Jul 26, 2007, 2:26 PM

Post #9 of 9 (27203 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Accented vowels

Hello all,

The accented vowels all look OK. I see Dis in my signature does have an accent, so I better go there and change it. I also need to look at my other computer and see what gmail.com might have done to it.

Thanks all. jerezano

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4