Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

janice chatterton

Oct 22, 2001, 5:44 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1399 views)

Shortcut

Where would be a good spot to meet in Nogales?

Can't Post |
I will be crossing the border at Nogales and then will try to meet up with someone that will help me with my dogs on the rest of the trip inside Mexico to Puerto Vallarta. My problem is that I have never done this before and don't have the slightest idea where to have them meet me. I need to meet before going across the checkpoint where I will have to get out of the car for my car papers so they can stay with the dogs. ANY IDEAS????

sandy

Oct 23, 2001, 2:24 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1400 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: I will be crossing the border at Nogales and then will try to meet up with someone that will help me with my dogs on the rest of the trip inside Mexico to Puerto Vallarta. My problem is that I have never done this before and don't have the slightest idea where to have them meet me. I need to meet before going across the checkpoint where I will have to get out of the car for my car papers so they can stay with the dogs. ANY IDEAS????<p>Janice:<p>The best spot would be right at the checkpoint where you do all the border formalities. It is 19 miles (30 km) south of the "real" border on Mex. 15. There is a large parking lot on the right hand side of the highway going south. It will accommodate a large number of cars and rvs. You will do all your border formalities, car permit and proof of Mexican vehicle insurance, etc. at that point rather than at the "real" border.<p>Also, take the new truck crossing west of town rather than go through downtown Nogales. It is a lot faster. As you are going south on the highway from Tucson take the Mariposa exit.<p>Good luck.<p>Make sure you have a letter from your veterinarian stating your dogs are in good health and vaccination certificate listing a record of all their vaccinations, particularly rabies.<p>We have only been asked for that once for our dog but it's important to have just in case.<p>Good luck.

Rolly

Oct 23, 2001, 5:15 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1399 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Why not meet at the car papers place? <p>Why can't the dogs stay in the car alone? Mine do.<p>Best wishes.

janice

Oct 23, 2001, 9:48 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1399 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: : I will be crossing the border at Nogales and then will try to meet up with someone that will help me with my dogs on the rest of the trip inside Mexico to Puerto Vallarta. My problem is that I have never done this before and don't have the slightest idea where to have them meet me. I need to meet before going across the checkpoint where I will have to get out of the car for my car papers so they can stay with the dogs. ANY IDEAS????<p>: Janice:<p>: The best spot would be right at the checkpoint where you do all the border formalities. It is 19 miles (30 km) south of the "real" border on Mex. 15. There is a large parking lot on the right hand side of the highway going south. It will accommodate a large number of cars and rvs. You will do all your border formalities, car permit and proof of Mexican vehicle insurance, etc. at that point rather than at the "real" border.<p>: Also, take the new truck crossing west of town rather than go through downtown Nogales. It is a lot faster. As you are going south on the highway from Tucson take the Mariposa exit.<p>: Good luck.<p>: Make sure you have a letter from your veterinarian stating your dogs are in good health and vaccination certificate listing a record of all their vaccinations, particularly rabies.<p>: We have only been asked for that once for our dog but it's important to have just in case.<p>: Good luck.<p>Thank you Sandy. That was extremely helpful.<p>

silver surfer

Oct 27, 2001, 10:56 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1399 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
In Nogales follow the directions towards Mexico. Must take Exit 4. Meet or in the parking at KMart(R side) or 500'further up at Walmart or Safeway (L side}. Get pesos at Safeway.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4