Can't Post | Private Reply
http://www.sfgate.com/...7/01/TRGKSQN1PK1.DTL

Bloviator

Jul 1, 2007, 9:37 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2530 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] SFO Chronicle Article - Mazatlán's Makeover

Thanks - a very nice article. We usually stay in the tourist beachfront area and don't venture out as we are there only for an afternoon, but the last time we were in Maz, we went into the historic area. It was really fascinating.

Next time I plan to stay there in one of the hotels recommended in the article. It should be a big improvemnt over the beach area.

ncferret

Jul 2, 2007, 4:42 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2505 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] SFO Chronicle Article - Mazatlán's Makeover

The SF Chronicle article was remiss in listing many of the fine hotels available in Centro, so here is a more complete list -

http://www.maztravel.com/kwiki/CentroHotels

Both Centro Historico and Zona Dorada have there charms, pluses and minuses. If I were in Mazatlan for vacation, I would split my time between both areas.

Marlene / Moderator

Jul 2, 2007, 8:19 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2491 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] SFO Chronicle Article - Mazatlán's Makeover

The article was quite well done, and her focus was on revitalization in the Historic Center. The La Marina and Cerritos beach areas north of the Golden Zone are worth checking out as well. The north end of the city is growing in leaps and bounds with all sorts of nice new properties and services appearing out of nowhere in what used to be "the boonies". Not so anymore. Time of year visiting Mazatlan should play a part in where you choose to stay. Aside from Carnaval and Easter celebrations, Mazatlan has become a popular venue for international events. Hotel prices are raised substantially during certain times, so it pays to compare various areas.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4