Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

viajita

Jun 14, 2007, 6:06 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3462 views)

Shortcut

Mexican Real Estate

Can't Post | Private Reply
A friend in the US emailed me today and said an influential person made the following statement to her: "It seems the big investors are saying that since Mexico is not cooperating with the US about the immigration issues, they are asking Americans to boycott Mexico and they think that the Mexican government could put a freeze on Mexican real estate (American ownership ) so they were telling me to be extra careful and not to invest in Mexico at this time." Have any of you heard this talk?

bournemouth

Jun 14, 2007, 8:02 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3438 views)

Shortcut

Re: [viajita] Mexican Real Estate

I suppose one could reverse this rather wild tale and say that Mexico is unhappy with the US over gun sales and that Mexicans are going to boycott the US and not buy real estate - and they certainly do buy real estate NOB.

Since when are most of us going to do what a big investor tells us to do - and when did any big investor turn down the chance of making money by developing yet another condo development on a beach somewhere in Mexico?

It's not April 1st by any chance is it?

jennifer rose

Jun 15, 2007, 6:36 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3403 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
It would be helpful if the statement could be attributed to the "influential person" instead of simply hearsa]y.

Tab

Jun 15, 2007, 7:12 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3394 views)

Shortcut

Doesn't the American Government usually want Americans to keep their money in their home country anyways?

I don't buy it - take a look around Mexico, there is a ton of developing going on and many Americans and Canadians move their every day as well as vacation. I can't see it coming to a grinding halt - can you?

Gringal

Jun 15, 2007, 7:31 AM

Post #5 of 6 (3388 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Tab] Mexican Real Estate

It will be a hot day in Antartica when Mexican polititians want to see a money river dry up.

Meanwhile, in the towers of NOB power, there are folks chewing nails over all those consumers heading south. That's us. It's been many years since there were "people". Now, there are only "consumers". The implications of that are far reaching in both countries; economically, socially and politically.

I'm not losing sleep over my Mexican real estate investments. I see a herd heading this way, and they will need housing. I might not enjoy the results of that, but you can't stop the rain.

Tab

Jun 15, 2007, 7:48 AM

Post #6 of 6 (3381 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Mexican Real Estate

Could you imagine the Mexican Government losing their income from NOB? You are so right - they'll never let that happen.

As more and more baby boomers retire, they are looking for ways to stretch out their pension dollars. And who can blame a person for wanting to do that? Besides having such great weather all year.

Maybe the American Goverment plans on doubling their pensions if they stay in the States or better yet, cutting all the seniors' housing costs in half and giving them money back if they own their homes to stay NOB - haha YAH SURE!!!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4