Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Rolly

May 20, 2007, 5:20 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2714 views)

Shortcut

Swamp Coolers - a lost thread

Can't Post | Private Reply
There was a thread here asking about manufacturers of swamp cools for which I wrote a long and learned discussion Smile, but it vanished into cyber space when I uploaded my answer. So I will try again with a shorter version.

Lenomex is the most common brand in my area. There are also a number of locally made units. They come a variety of sizes for in-wall mounting and for roof-top/whole house applications.

It has been my personal experience that portable (roll around) units are worthless.

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on May 20, 2007, 5:21 PM)

bournemouth

May 20, 2007, 5:25 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2710 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Swamp Coolers - a lost thread

I'll back you on your assessment of the portable ones - we have an Arctic Circle, a good brand for the real thing, and the water hardly gets onto the filter - it is indeed worthless.

Papirex

May 20, 2007, 6:56 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2700 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Swamp Coolers - a lost thread

Rolly, I just posted a reply to your post before it went missing. When I uploaded it, it seemed to disappear too. I write all my post in MS Word, so I still have it. I was considering sending it to you as a PM, as I didn’t think it would make any sense to anyone that hadn’t read your post first.

I found the missing posts; they have been moved to the “It is very hot at lakeside” string in this forum. The one I just uploaded is there too.

Go figure.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4