Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

dale405

Apr 22, 2007, 1:20 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1912 views)

Shortcut

looking for rental in or around La Paz

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi ,

My wife and I are planning a trip for 2 months in Feb. and Mar. /08 .

We are driving down from Vancouver Island on the West Coast of British Columbia and we will be traveling with our 3 mini dachsunds (weiner dogs) and wish to rent a dog friendly house with internet . We are not fancy people and simple and quiet surroundings would be fine.

The trouble is Iím having a hard time finding any listing from this end to that effect. We just want to rent at first, then maybe look at buying a place and spending half the year in La Paz and half the year at home in Canada.

We are looking for someone to help, so if you could write me back with some information about your finders fee or how ever you work it , Iíd appreciate it. We understand this is a service and someone with inside information would be great. Internet is important for my work as I donít plan on sitting around in the sun for the full 2 months. Karen is interested in gardening and the dogs of course, neither of us smoke or have bad habits , and both are in our fifties so we donít party too much either.

I donít know if you are the appropriate person to be dealing with so set me straight or maybe even point me in the right direction if you would be so kind.

Sincerely, Dale and Karen.
Nanaimo, B.C.

(This post was edited by dale405 on Apr 22, 2007, 1:25 PM)

morgaine7

Apr 22, 2007, 9:19 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1891 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dale405] looking for rental in or around La Paz

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello Dale and Karen,
I'm moving to La Paz in May. My house is being remodeled, so I have to rent temporarily. I arranged this through the agent with whom I bought the property, i.e., who knows me personally as an established client. You're right, rentals are rarely listed online, apart from pricey "vacation rentals", and it's not easy to find landlords who will accept pets (I have two cats). Feb/March is still high season, which may pose issues of availability as well. Not to discourage you ... I'm sure it CAN be done, but you'll need local contacts. Two suggestions: write to RE agents and ask for help with your specific situation, and/or try posting an ad in the "rentals wanted" classified section of the BajaNomad forum http://www.bajanomad.com/

Best of luck!!

Kate

PS ... if you PM me, I could send you a couple of contacts to try.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4