Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Uncle Jack

Nov 30, 2001, 10:57 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3869 views)

Shortcut

Mazatlan to Tepic....Anything New???

Can't Post |
I have heard from a couple of folks on these forums that the new toll road between Mazatlan and Tepic is completed or is near completion. Is this true or are we still dealing with "Man~ana Boulevard"??

Ernie Gorrie

Nov 30, 2001, 7:54 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3868 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I drove it in September 2001 and had the opportunity, after several days of freeway driving from Vancouver, to enjoy the more leisurely pace of a two-lane highway. :)

Ken in Maz

Dec 1, 2001, 12:02 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3869 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
In the area near Esquinapa there are bandits working the hiways the new quota and the libre.The federal police have increased patrols but i would be very leary of driving at night.Info from local paper NOROESTE.<p>

Uncle Jack

Dec 1, 2001, 9:00 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3870 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Does this mean that the new toll road is comleted and in operation?<p>
In the area near Esquinapa there are bandits working the hiways the new quota and the libre.The federal police have increased patrols but i would be very leary of driving at night.Info from local paper NOROESTE.<p>

Ken in Maz

Dec 1, 2001, 10:51 AM

Post #5 of 6 (3870 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
There is only a short piece of thr new road finished.MAZATLAN-TECAPAN hope this helps<p>

Steve

Dec 20, 2001, 9:23 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3868 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |

: I drove it in September 2001 and had the opportunity, after several days of freeway driving from Vancouver, to enjoy the more leisurely pace of a two-lane highway. :)<p>Great way of putting a Hairaising, white knuckle, kidney busting ordeal !! (last time I was on it) :)....

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4