Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

gmont

Apr 13, 2007, 11:34 AM

Post #1 of 3 (7687 views)

Shortcut

Buying a car in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
We currently have a home in Puerto Vallarta and are wondering if we need an FM-3 to purchase a car from
a NEW CAR DEALERSHIP? If it is not required, what is besides the cash, thank you?
gmont

Marlene

Apr 14, 2007, 12:12 PM

Post #2 of 3 (7633 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gmont] Buying a car in Mexico

You may need a local driver's license to register your vehicle. I needed an FM3 to obtain my Sinaloa DL, but each state seems to be different.

Papirex

Apr 14, 2007, 1:54 PM

Post #3 of 3 (7622 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gmont] Buying a car in Mexico

Marlene is right; every state here has their own regulations, and requirements. It is the same in The United States, every state DMV there has their own regulations, and requirements, and they are not uniform in the whole nation. Here in Morelos State, the DMV office is called the “Transito” office.

I think that you will need to find the answers to your question in Sinaloa State, or from someone that lives there and has done the same thing you want to do.

Or, once you have decided what make, model, and dealership you want to buy the car from, tell them that the sale is contingent on them helping you to get the car registered in your name in México. If there are any problems they will find a way to do it. There is always a way if you know the right people here.

Rex

"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4