Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Anonimo

Apr 9, 2007, 2:12 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1703 views)

Shortcut

Best route, Pátzcuaro to Ixmiquilpan, Hidalgo?

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are planning an excursion to Hidalgo and then Querétaro, including La Peña de Bernal. (The highlight will be Las Grutas de Tolantongo). Although I already have some ideas about routing, I'm open to suggestions for the least hassle route to Ixquimilpan, where we'll sppend the first night. We are leaving a week from today in our Ford Windstar.

Also, any experience with medium priced hotels in the area? So far from the various websites, the Plaza Isabel looks best for our needs. But, who knows?

Thanks in advance,
Saludos,
Anonimo

TlxcalaClaudia

Apr 15, 2007, 1:46 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1650 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Best route, Pátzcuaro to Ixmiquilpan, Hidalgo?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Sorry I can't help with routes. We drove from Pachuca through Ixmiquilpan to Queretaro this week in a pick-up truck with the kids in the back (in the cab, not the bed). Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Q. was beautiful. We stayed at Hotel Amberes in Q. for around $55 a night. A beautiful park is in front of it. The hotel breakfast buffet was nice, but around $80 pesos per plate (half for the kids) only to find another place nearby for $30 pesos per plate. We took 2 tours on trolleys from the same street as the hotel ( a bit of a walk to the trolley though).

Claudine

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4