Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

song_of_joy

Apr 7, 2007, 9:42 AM

Post #1 of 4 (6266 views)

Shortcut

Hotel Emporio murals

Can't Post | Private Reply
Can anyone tell me anything about the murals in the Veracruz Hotel Emporio? Artist, date, etc.? Are they featured in any guidebook? Art book?

Thank you so much.

(This post was edited by song_of_joy on Apr 7, 2007, 9:42 AM)

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Apr 8, 2007, 11:11 AM

Post #2 of 4 (6236 views)

Shortcut

Re: [song_of_joy] Hotel Emporio murals

In what part of the hotel are the murals? I have only gone into the lobby once in the last 34 years, so I can't remember any murals. I will look into them the next time I head to "El Puerto".
Forgive the lack of posts by me on this forum, but fortunately "Tita"(abuelita or grandma) and I have been babysitting our 3 grandchildren for the past two weeks and we only have one week to go!!!!!!!!
Don't forget the the "Fiesta de la Santa Magdalena" in Xico is from July 18th to 24th. Just don't get hit by a bull like I was!!

¡Feliz Pascuas, amigos costeños!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

song_of_joy

Apr 8, 2007, 11:45 AM

Post #3 of 4 (6231 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Hotel Emporio murals

Oops! I read too fast... here's the citation:

"Recently I was fortunate to travel to Veracruz and stayed at the Emporio Hotel. Nearby was a legendary restaurant... Gran Cafe de la Parroquia. In that restaurant is an incredable mural painted on two walls; ie. wrapping around a corner w/ one half on one wall and the other half around the corner. The artist of the mural was... Bruno Ferreira."

We're wondering if we should do an article on the mural.

Thanks again and Feliz Pascuas a todos!

Carol

NJ2VER

Apr 16, 2007, 7:27 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6175 views)

Shortcut

Re: [song_of_joy] Hotel Emporio murals

We stayed there in February 2006 for Carnaval. Convenient location and A+ hotel, but I did not notice murals. Then again maybe I was too drunk and distracted to notice them.

(This post was edited by NJ2VER on Apr 16, 2007, 7:31 PM)
Attachments: MEX06F 001-2.jpg (87.3 KB)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4