Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

MazDee

Apr 6, 2007, 7:41 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1998 views)

Shortcut

Pics of Mazatlán

Can't Post | Private Reply
Somebody posted these photos of Mazatlán's Centro Historico on the internet and I think they are great. I hope you all won't want to move here, you know the old story "I found my place but we have enough gringos now, so...." But, it is a great place to visit! Check it out.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=345155

Marlene / Moderator

Apr 7, 2007, 8:30 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1968 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MazDee] Pics of Mazatlán

What fabulous photos you happened across! Thanks so much for sharing them with the forum.

Mark Landes

Apr 15, 2007, 2:12 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1896 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Pics of Mazatlán

Yes thank you for posting the photos. Such good use of lighting in Mazatlan. The photo in the church showing the cello players and violinist is especially dramatic and I am going to turn it into a painting.
Mark

Mark Landes

May 8, 2007, 8:06 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1800 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mark Landes] Pics of Mazatlán

I grabbed a piece of brown cardboard backing from a notepad (about 9" x 11") and made my initial drawing sized up from a small black and white laserjet copy of the webpage. I used pencils, charcoal, white charcoal and a few prisma color pens. After completing the drawing I went back to the web photo and realized my printer cut off a bit of the right side. When I do a larger version I'll expand things a bit. Now to decide what medium. I think the drawing turned out pretty good (see it at www.marklandes.blogspot.com ). Again thanks for posting these great photos of Mazatlan.
Mark

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4