Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

tom gardner

Dec 9, 2001, 7:08 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3068 views)

Shortcut

US Comp & Collision Coverage valid in Mexico(?)

Can't Post |
Does anyone know of a US insurance company who continues Comp & Collision coverage of a vehicle while the vehicle is in Mexico on permit during a Tourist visit. I am aware that liability coverage is void, and that some companies cover for Comp and Collision for 25 miles only inside the border. Have seen references to the fact that some companies will cover Comp and Collision on a listed vehicle while that vehicle is in Mexico on permit during a Tourist visit. Just trying to find out the names of any US companies that might do this. Anyone have any experience or know of any US companies?

Talley Ho

Dec 11, 2001, 4:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3065 views)

Shortcut

US Comp & Collision Coverage valid in Mexico(?)

Can't Post |
: Does anyone know of a US insurance company who continues Comp & Collision coverage of a vehicle while the vehicle is in Mexico on permit during
We use Royal and Sunalliance for our RV. For an additional $10 US per year, they extend all of our coverage EXCEPT liability in Mexico. We used the collision once with great results. Talley<p>
Tourist visit. I am aware that liability coverage is void, and that some companies cover for Comp and Collision for 25 miles only inside the border. Have seen references to the fact that some companies will cover Comp and Collision on a listed vehicle while that vehicle is in Mexico on permit during a Tourist visit. Just trying to find out the names of any US companies that might do this. Anyone have any experience or know of any US compani

Marky

Dec 14, 2001, 10:02 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3065 views)

Shortcut

US Comp &amp; Collision Coverage valid in Mexico(?)

Can't Post |
According to the ISO Personal Auto Policy (And commercial one) which most carriers use, the coverage territory consists of,"The United States of America, its Territories and Possessions, Puerto Rico and Canada."<p>What this means to you is that absent any endorsement, if something icky occurs in Mexico your US policy will not take care of you.<p>Even if the policy was endorsed to provide any Mexican coverage, those on the Mexican side do not construe it as valid because it was not written by a company licensed in Mexico.<p>What this means to you is that you should obtain the approprite coverage before something happens.

madison

Dec 19, 2001, 2:36 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3065 views)

Shortcut

US Comp &amp; Collision Coverage valid in Mexico(?)

Can't Post |
I have insured everything each year with my pickup and 30'
camper trailer with Lewis and Lewis 800-966-6830
they are licensed in Mexico. They are located in Beverly Hills - sound expensive eh...
Not so - acutally, several of my friends with vehicles and/or trailers, motorhomes etc use them and have
for years and had claims and they are great!!!
If the 800 doesn't work - just look them up Lewis and Lewis Insuranc eon internet!
Theyare real fast about getting you the policy just in case you did this last minute.
Also, each year, I try to "price" around and Lewis is the best rate. REMEMBER: An annual policy is much cheaper than a short term stay of say one, two, three months just ask.
Good Luck, travel safe<p>
: Does anyone know of a US insurance company who continues Comp & Collision coverage of a vehicle while the vehicle is in Mexico on permit during
: We use Royal and Sunalliance for our RV. For an additional $10 US per year, they extend all of our coverage EXCEPT liability in Mexico. We used the collision once with great results. Talley<p>:
: Tourist visit. I am aware that liability coverage is void, and that some companies cover for Comp and Collision for 25 miles only inside the border. Have seen references to the fact that some companies will cover Comp and Collision on a listed vehicle while that vehicle is in Mexico on permit during a Tourist visit. Just trying to find out the names of any US companies that might do this. Anyone have any experience or know of any US compani<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4