Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Brian

Mar 16, 2007, 7:21 AM

Post #1 of 7 (4392 views)

Shortcut

Bancomer meets reality in SMA

Can't Post | Private Reply
According to an article in yesterday's Correo, at least one bank is now offering a complete menu of services to the English speaking community. A few Mexicans have already expressed dissatisfaction in the comments section of the article. That is not unlike folks in the USA who think that their communities are going to hell in a handbasket because of now having to "select 1 for English", ballots printed in Spanish etc. Anyway, here's a link for those who are interested:

http://www.correo-gto.com.mx/notas.asp?id=18151

saludos
Brian

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Mar 16, 2007, 9:51 AM)

NEOhio1

Mar 16, 2007, 7:57 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4373 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Bancomer meets reality in SMA

Well the comments certainly are vivid with indignation = and probably justified from thenationals perspectie - the neonazi reference is a bit over-the-top.

Anonimo

Mar 16, 2007, 5:19 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4330 views)

Shortcut

I believe that there is at least one bank chain in California, specialized in meeting the needs of the Spanish speaking community. I don't recall its name.

Saludos,
Anonimo

jimindetroit

Mar 28, 2007, 12:27 PM

Post #4 of 7 (4247 views)

Shortcut

Re: [NEOhio1] Bancomer meets reality in SMA

When a $500 million credit union in Detroit opened a branch in our Mexicantown district with Spanish-speaking employees and Spanish/English brochures and contracts, the press was nothing but positive. The mayor and a 100 business leaders showed up for the grand opening and praised the credit union. Bankers were a little chagrinned for not thinking of it first. Ten years later, the branch is thriving and Mexicantown is growing.

Anonimo

Mar 28, 2007, 6:41 PM

Post #5 of 7 (4232 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Bancomer meets reality in SMA

Banco Popular
http://www.bancopopular.com/welcome.html
"About Us" http://www.bancopopular.com/...t/us-abu-home-en.jsp

Saludos,
Anonimo

bfwpdx

Mar 31, 2007, 7:27 AM

Post #6 of 7 (4177 views)

Shortcut

Well, what exactly do you think would be appealing to the local inhabitants about having their culture and lifestyle Americanized???....(money doesn't count)....I am curious as to your perception of the process....

Brian

Mar 31, 2007, 8:09 AM

Post #7 of 7 (4170 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bfwpdx] Bancomer meets reality in SMA

In Reply To
Well, what exactly do you think would be appealing to the local inhabitants about having their culture and lifestyle Americanized???....(money doesn't count)....I am curious as to your perception of the process....

The subject says it all.

saludos
Brian

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4