Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Judy from Washington State

Dec 16, 2001, 1:09 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3834 views)

Shortcut

bus trip from Tucson to ???

Can't Post |
Hello. We're planning our first bus trip into Mexico in Feb. We have a week and plan on taking a bus from Tucson to Nogales and then maybe to Mazatlan. Our flight gets into Tucson at noon. Any ideas on whether we should plan to head straight to Mexico or spend the night in the US first would be appreciated. Also, any ideas at all on where we should visit, stop over, etc. Thanks a bunch!!

Carl Carlson

Dec 16, 2001, 9:53 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3834 views)

Shortcut

bus trip from Tucson to ???

Can't Post |
Here are three options:<p>1) Get reservations for a Tucson bus that crosses the border and continues on through the night to a major destination like Mazatlan. I think Greyhound has them. Be sure and get reservations before you leave for Tucson. This way you can travel while you sleep and wake well into Mexico and ready for adventure.
2) If you're into crisis management, take the Greyhound to Nogales, walk across the border, and take a taxie to the bus station of your choice. This will give you more flexibility, but because of the uncertanties you must be capable of dealing with a night in a Mexican bus station somewhere which is quite stressful.
3) If 1) and 2) don't work for you, spend the night in Tucson and get an early start the next morning. Currently, Tucson morning are about 32 degrees so prepare for cold weather.

Geroge Valencia

Dec 17, 2001, 11:31 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3837 views)

Shortcut

Stay over night in Hermosillo ???

Can't Post |
HI I'M GEORGE<p> WELL! I HAVE TRAVEL BETWEEN THE BORDER SO MANY TIMES (I'M FROM HERMOSILLO) AND IT'S REALY MORE EASY THAT WHAT SO MANY PEOPLE THINK..<p>IF YOU PLANE ARRIVES IN TUS AT NOON, ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR BAGAGE WITH YOU, TAKE A SHUTTLE OR CAB TO THE BUS STATION WICH IS IN DOWNTOWN, LIKE 15 MTS FROM THE AIRPORT (CABS OR SHUTTLES CHARGE LIKE 10 USD PER PERSON)<p> THERE IS A BUS COMPANY CALLED "CRUCERO" THE TRAVEL ALL DAY BETWEEN PHOENIX-HERMOSILLO (NO BUS CHANGES IN THE BORDER) AND THEY STOP OF COURSE IN TUCSON... I WAS CHEKING RIGHT NOW IN THE WEB SITE (IT'S IN GREYHOUND.COM.MX AND THERE ARE BUSES LIVING FROM TUCSON AT 1.15 PM, 3.00 PM, 4.15 PM, AND ALL DAY, AND THEY WILL TAKE YOU TO HERMOSILLO (IT'S LIKE A 5 HRS. TRIP) NO RESERVATIONS NEDDED COST OF TRIP: $28 USD. PER PERSON ONE-WAY.<p> THEN YOU WILL BE IN HERMOSILLO AROUND AT 7-10 PM, AFTER THAT YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS:<p>
1.- YOU CAN SPEND THE NIGHT IN THE BUS TRAVELING TO MAZATLAN. THERE IS SEVERAL BUS COMPANIES WHO OFFER SERVICE FROM HERMOSILLO TO MAZATLAN EVRY 1 OR TWO HRS. THE TRIP WILL TAKE YOU 12 HRS. AND IT COST AROUND 350-400 PESOS ONE-WAY (38-43 USD).
THE BETTER BUS SERVICE WILL BE WITH "ELTE" AND THEY ARE IN THE SAME TERMINAL THAT THE "CRUCERO".<p>2.- OR YOU CAN SPEND THE NIGHT IN HERMOSILLO IT'S A NICE TOWN, TAKE A CAB FROM THE BUS STATION TO THE HOTEL ZONE (DON'T GO TO DOWNTOWN TO LOOK FOR AN HOTEL). ALL THE HOTELS IN "THE HOTEL ZONE" ARE GOOD CATEGORY AND BETTER PRICES ARE LIKE ($45-50 USD PER ROOM 1 OR 2 PEOPLE, SOME WITH BREAKFAST INCLUDED) HERE ARE SOME NAMES:<p>HOTEL BUGAMBILIA, HOTEL GANDARA, HOTEL ARAIZA INN.<p>WHILE YOU ARE IN HERMOSILLO, YOU CAN ENJOY ONE OF THE BETTER STEAKS AND CARNE ASADA OF MEXICO, A LOT OF GOOD RESTAURANTS, DANCING CLUBS, SHOOPING, MOVIES, ETC. INFORMATION IN ALL THE HOTELS.

HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR TRIP TO MEXICO....

Esteban

Dec 18, 2001, 12:09 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3833 views)

Shortcut

bus trip from Tucson to Culiacan, Sinaloa

Can't Post |
Bussing it from/to Phoenix/Tucson<p>The name of the bus company is TBC Transportation.<p>The station in Tucson is on the corner of 6th and 25th st.
The phone number in Tucson is 520-903-2801 or 520-670-1534.<p>I don't know the particulars for the Phoenix station but if you
call the Tucson station, I'm sure they would tell you.<p>The bus leaves for Culiacan at 2:30 and 8:30 PM. The trip takes approx.
15 hrs. The bus station in Culiacan is VERY large and busses leave for
Mazatlan frequently.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4