Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Al

Dec 23, 2001, 6:46 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3742 views)

Shortcut

documents to copy

Can't Post |
When I enter into MX, can I present copies of my driver's lic., title/registration slips, FM3, passport ALL photocopied in one piece of paper or do I have to & present a copy of each document?
I, of course, would have all the originals on hand.<p>thanks

Rolly

Dec 23, 2001, 9:49 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3742 views)

Shortcut

documents to copy

Can't Post |
You pose an interesting question. I don't know an official answer -- I'll bet there isn't one -- but I will guess it will depend on two things: <p>Is the information legible in the all-in-one copy?<p>What is the attitude of the inspector you are dealing with?<p>I hope you'll try the all-in-one scheme and let us know how it works. That way we can all learn.<p>Good Luck and Feliz Navidad <p>

David Eidell

Dec 24, 2001, 2:41 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3742 views)

Shortcut

documents to copy

Can't Post |
I tried this a couple of times, and the agent or officer insisted on fondling the original documents. A color laser copier really churns out great looking copies but the officials seemed to want no part of it. I do believe however that a laser photocopy of existing documents would speed along a process in case you misplace your driver license or FMT. Nothing like showing Migracion a beautiful razor sharp copy of your lost tourist card.<p>I just about laughed myself sick when I discovered that my neighbor at the beach had made laser copier duplicates of his license plates and then had mounted them under plastic panels on his towed automobile. While visiting Guadalajara someone (probably a cop) removed his plates while he was parked (legally he insisted) in a stall at a grocery store. He whipped out (you guesses it) another pair of "paper plates" and went merrily along his way.<p>
Saludos!<p>
David

Al

Dec 24, 2001, 5:47 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3743 views)

Shortcut

documents to copy

Can't Post |
I heard the same but with a driver's licence. This person handed his copy to a cop which he took away due to an infraction. This friend never went to headquarters to claim it.<p>: I just about laughed myself sick when I discovered that my neighbor at the beach had made laser copier duplicates of his license plates and then had mounted them under plastic panels on his towed automobile. While visiting Guadalajara someone (probably a cop) removed his plates while he was parked (legally he insisted) in a stall at a grocery store. He whipped out (you guesses it) another pair of "paper plates" and went merrily along his way.<p>:
: Saludos!<p>:
: David<p>

Arturo Garcia

Dec 27, 2001, 7:59 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3744 views)

Shortcut

documents to copy

Can't Post |
: When I enter into MX, can I present copies of my driver's lic., title/registration slips, FM3, passport ALL photocopied in one piece of paper or do I have to & present a copy of each document?
: I, of course, would have all the originals on hand.<p>: thanks<p>You have to present separate copies for each document. We recently crossed the border at Matamoros and we had copies of all of our documents in one paper and they didnīt like that...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4