Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Bloviator

Mar 12, 2007, 2:20 PM

Post #1 of 5 (813 views)

Shortcut

Found Dog

Can't Post | Private Reply
Found - a White Benjie type dog. About two years old, with collar and no tags. Looks as if it was chained up and broke away. End of Chain is attached to collar. Very well behaved and people friendly. Doesn't seem to answer to commands, but does seem very people oriented.

Male - about 10-12 pounds. Looks as if he has been on the street for some time. Matted hair all over.

Found near Casa de Wafles this morning.
Can't take him to the animal shelter as they are full up.

If you have idea of owner or would like nice well mannered dog - assuming owner not found - call me at (376) 766-6119 or PM.

Bloviator

Mar 14, 2007, 7:03 AM

Post #2 of 5 (756 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Found Dog

After cutting off about five pounds of hair, I am sure he is white. He's roaming the house right now so I can find out if he is house broken. So far, so good. He is very well mannered and affectionate.

As above, the animal shelter can't take him, though I'm going to try again today, and my wife is really adament that we can't either. I refuse to just turn him loose on the street, but am pretty much against the wall.

I would certainly appreciate anyone who would like a really nice dog helping me solve my problem. I will even volunteer to dog sit him anytime you are going away for a trip and to provide a big bag of a dog food that he likes, and to pay for a health exam, shots, and neutering - all of which are going to happen today anyway.

bournemouth

Mar 14, 2007, 3:21 PM

Post #3 of 5 (718 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Found Dog

Dick - what about the Lakeside Neuter Spay group - p.m. me for a number.

cdubee

Mar 19, 2007, 7:09 PM

Post #4 of 5 (641 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Found Dog

Well, Dick, now that I know what an animal lover you are, and how kind, I am sending Pest-O the cat to visit you. I am sending him to Mexico on the bus. I have carefully dressed him in a little boy's outfit and a hat. He looks quite human. He will arrive in Ajijic in a few days. I have contacted a taxi driver who will see that he gets to your house. I am sure he will be very polite to the dogs. I have instructed him that under no circumstances should he eat the goldfish. Rgds. Christine (and Mark.)

Bloviator

Mar 20, 2007, 6:12 AM

Post #5 of 5 (618 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Found Dog

Funny you should mention that wonderful agency. Gudrun Jones called me because she had a woman looking to adopt a dog just like Woody. Luckily for me, before she was able to contact the woman, my wife - a person who never ceases to amaze me - decided that she loves him and doesn't want to give him up.

I hope that all lakeside people will attend the Spay and Neuter center fund raiser at the end of the month.

I had named him Woody Harrelson aka. Woody because he could not jump into the car - he's white and can't jump. White men can't jump (from the movie). I may have to change his name, though, as he has learned to jump up on the bed, which is higher than the entry to the car. Luckily he has been thoroughly de-flead or both Woody and I would be looking for a new bed to sleep in.

cdubee - As to the goldfish - something or someone has already eaten the ones in the back pond and also the ones that I replaced them with from the front pond, so I'm afraid your cat will starve if you send him/her. Besides, I don't think he/she liked me very much.

(This post was edited by dlyman6500 on Mar 20, 2007, 6:23 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4