Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

mazgordon

Mar 8, 2007, 10:41 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1658 views)

Shortcut

Climate in Summer and Places to Stay in Oaxaca, Oaxaca

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife Rita, a schoolteacher in Mazatlán, has a hankering to visit Oaxaca this summer during her break from classes. I'm wondering what to expect from the climate in the higher elevation of the capitol and if we should expect similar weather to what we found in Patzcuaro last August. Namely rain every day and the romantic necessity of a fire in the chiminea at night. I wore jeans and a jacket every day!

Next off is a question about rental property for a month stay. When we went to Patzcuaro, we were graciously directed to a casita rustico on a beautiful estate which was very reasonable for our month long stay. The charming and erudite person providing the referral, known to some on this forum, shall remain nameless as his predilection for the utmost in privacy is legend. Although I believe I already thanked this fantasma for his kindness, should he peruse this post - Thanks so much again!

Can anyone suggest a quiet, sylvan place to stay for a month that's close to the city. We may drive there from Mazatlán, bringing our Golden Retriever, or we may leave him in the company of friends and fly down. I am open to all suggestions. Please reply here or off forum through my email at mazgordon@msn.com.

Muchas Gracias,

Gordon Gilkey
Mazatlán

ˇEchar todo la carne al asador!

(This post was edited by mazgordon on Mar 8, 2007, 10:47 PM)

song_of_joy

Mar 9, 2007, 10:20 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1630 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazgordon] Climate in Summer and Places to Stay in Oaxaca, Oaxaca

This place is lovely. Also, please consider the owners as resources for out of the way places in Oaxaca and environs.
http://www.oaxacadream.com/

geri

Mar 9, 2007, 4:51 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1612 views)

Shortcut

Re: [song_of_joy] Climate in Summer and Places to Stay in Oaxaca, Oaxaca

Some summer evenings in Oaxaca, if it's raining and the wind whips up, you might need a jacket, but not a chiminea. It usually rains two or three hours late after and early evening. It's not hot here, like in April and May, because the clouds roll in and that cools it down nicely. You might want to come and look around for a couple of days before commiting to renting. You won't have any problem finding a place, but neighborhoods vary so much. Do you want to be outside the city? That would probably be more advisable if you bring your dog. I recommend Alvin's place mentioned above if you'd like to up high with views and a bit out of the city center. You'd have your own self-contained apt. with patio, etc.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4