Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

Bubba

Mar 8, 2007, 9:49 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1569 views)

Shortcut

Hold the Phone

Can't Post | Private Reply
Bubba has a claim against his insurance company, the highly reputable ING Comercial America and has decided to take his XTrail into CHESA, the Nissan dealer in San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas rather than Guadalajara because he happens to be going there and his insurance adjuster at Lake Chapala has approved the body work repair so Bubba, upon his arrival in San Cristóbal takes the car into the Nissan dealer which is a pretty fancy place, actually, Nissan being pretty big in Chiapas where they manufacture Nissans in Tuxtla Gutierrez. The dealer´s service manager tells Bubba this will take a couple of weeks which is fine but after two weeks zero has happened. Bubba calls his excellent insurance agent and asks for his intercession.

RING, RING!

"Bueno".

"This is (Bubba´s insurance agent). May I speak to the service manager?"
"Of course, one moment please."
"Service,"
"Hello, this is (so&so) with ING in Guadalajara."
"Where?"
"Guadalajara"
"Where?"
"Guadalajara"
"Where´s that?"
"Mexico."
"One moment, please."
(Ten Minutes later)
"Hello, may I help you?"
"Yes, this is (so&so) with ING in Guadalajara, may I speak with the service manager please?"
"I´m sorry, did you say Guadalajara?"
"Yes, Guadalajara."
"Where?"
"Guadalajara."
"Where´s that?"
"Mexico."
"OK, one moment please."

In all fairness, the people at the Nissan dealer in San Cristóbal could not have been nicer once they figured out where Guadalajara was but I have so much fun with this sort of thing. I called some company in the states and told them I was calling from Mexico. They asked me if that was in Texas. I told them yes and they asked for my ZIP Code.

Gringal

Mar 8, 2007, 11:23 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1553 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] Hold the Phone

You want to get a standup comedy act going? Good begining.

Ron Pickering W3FJW

Mar 8, 2007, 5:09 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1529 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Hold the Phone

From what I gather, Bubba prefers to do a sitdown comedy act. He doesn't have to think on his feet. thataway.........jeje
Getting older and still not down here.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4