Forums  > Specific Focus > Learning Spanish

dreamaines

Mar 8, 2007, 6:43 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3564 views)

Shortcut

Help please re a document I received

Can't Post | Private Reply
Good Morning.

I received my FM3 from Dallas via the mail. Along with it was a numbered document in duplicate to be filled out but no information as to what to do with it. It is an "F.M.E Para Extranjeros" and under that "Llenese A Maquina O Con Letra De Molde". (I am thinking it is telling me to type it or print it??) It appears to be asking for my family name (Apellido paterno), maiden name????? (apellido materno). lugar de Procedencia (Place of birth????), Conocido como - this one I can't figure out - looks like how acquainted??? and more. Medio de transporte seems clear (how am I arriving?)

I would not like to arrive at the border only to discover I've failed to fill it out correctly or should not have filled it out at all untill getting there........LOL.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Barb

jerezano

Mar 8, 2007, 7:29 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3556 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dreamaines] Help please re a document I received

Hello dreamaines,

Yes, type it or print it.

apellido paterno--your father's surname Doe if he is John Doe
apellido materno--your mother's surname before marriage (maiden name) Smith if her maiden name was Alice Smith and her married name is now Alice Smith Doe
Lugar de Procedencia--place of birth will do fine
Conocido como--also known as
Medio de transporte--you're right

You will not need this at the border. You will need to file this with the Immigration Office where you register your FM3 within 30 days after entering Mexico. They will help you fill it out. I have yet to find an Immigration office which doesn't have at least one employee who speaks English.

Bienvenido a México.

Adiós. jerezano.

dreamaines

Mar 8, 2007, 8:33 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3549 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Help please re a document I received

Many thanks. I knew I had to register but didn't realize this was the document used.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4