tony

Feb 5, 2007, 7:54 PM

Post #1 of 2 (13778 views)

Shortcut

Trimming Threads

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi,
How do I remove the oldest threads/pages? The last I checked I
have 16K message on the forum. It is affecting my downloading.
Thanks, Tony

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

DavidMcL

Feb 6, 2007, 1:36 PM

Post #2 of 2 (13745 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tony] Trimming Threads

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola Tony;

I am not certain what you trying to describe here, so I will take my best guess.
There are two parts to the solution.

First part:

There are two ways to view the forums.
1. Flat Mode - all the postings are opened up so that all the text in each is presented.
2. Threaded Mode - where only the subject line and posters' names along with date and time of posting and whether it is a new (to you) posting.

the Flat Mode uses more bandwidth.
To see which mode you are in look at the top right end of the first horizontal Nav bar (available when viewing any forum's index page). You will see the button with one of the following phrases:
View Flat Mode
View Threaded mode.
To change, just click on the button.

Second Part:
You can control how many postings are presented to you in which ever mode you are in.
To set this number (from 10 to 50 or more), click on "Edit Profile", then "Display Settings".
This will bring you to the page where you can control all sorts of Forum components.
The ones you want are Max Forum hits and Max Posting hits. Reduce that number to what works for you.
You will still have access to all the postings, you will just have fewer presented per page (screenful, or download). To read the others you will need to click on the "next page" icon at the bottom of the page.

Please let me know if this solves your problem!

Suerte

David
David McL
WebJefe

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4