Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Learning Spanish

britt

Jan 30, 2007, 7:11 PM

Post #1 of 7 (3759 views)

Shortcut

Spanish classes in Acapulco w/ comp. room!

Can't Post | Private Reply
If you need to brush up on your Spanish and want to visit Acapulco--here's a great opportunity!

Check eBay for details--just search for "Spanish Classes" and you'll see the only listing, "Study Spanish in Acapulco, Mexico". Or for more info., visit our web site: www.acabritt.com

You'll get private classes with an expert, native-speaking teacher. Plus free accommodations! Fees are set at $22. per hour--3 hours min. per day. You can stay a weekend, a week, a month. It's up to you. All levels welcomed. (You're also welcomed if you have your own accommodations, but sorry, the fee's the same, we just drop the min. number of class hrs./day).

Accommodations include room w/private bath, kitchenette, terrace overlooking bay, broadband Internet 24/7...included with your class fees. Simple (not fancy) but clean, comfortable (dorm, "beach" style).

Located centrally near the Quebrada cliff divers, the Zocalo, in front of the boardwalk, across the street from a public beach. One block from cruise ship dock and fort. (See pictures at web site).

This is a great deal when you consider most hotel rooms cost over $100. in Aca...and they don't include Spanish classes!

Credit cards accepted.

You'll need to reserve early--usually booked during holidays. Airport pickup available. Britt Servicios Lingüisticos is a small language institute. Contact Greg Britt or Alejandro Contreras. We're looking forward to your visit in Aca!

Email us at: britt.mx@gmail.com
Phone: 525 (744) 480-2181

esperanza

Jan 30, 2007, 7:50 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3753 views)

Shortcut

Re: [britt] Spanish classes in Acapulco w/ comp. room!

Your website doesn't work well. Click on the link, the Angelfire page opens. Click on the 'Spanish and Basic English' link, you're taken to a page that says you're going to be sent to the new website. Ten seconds later, you're back right where you started.

Oops, what did I do wrong? Try it again--same story.

If you're going to sell your classes, you need to fix your web page. This problem does not inspire confidence, even if you did write the book.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

britt

Jan 31, 2007, 3:37 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3680 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Spanish classes in Acapulco w/ comp. room!

Sincere apologies are offered for any trouble you've had with the link or web site. But I've checked and double checked and don't seem to see any problem. Maybe it's better to just type in the address in your browser? That would be http://www.acabritt.com
Actually, I'm the author of a TOEFL prep book (so that has little to do with Spanish) but assure you we have an excellent program and a wonderfully qualified, experienced teacher (Alejandro Contreras). We welcome your visit to Aca and hope there are no more tech. problems. Please restore your confindence in us and feel free to send any personal questions you might have to: britt.mx@gmail.com Kind regards and Hasta Luego. Greg Britt
PS: If problems do persist for you thanks for going to www.ebay.com and searching for "Spanish Classes". The specific info. will appear (we're usually the only listing) without having to wade through other language programs that are available at our little school. Thanks so much for looking.

esperanza

Jan 31, 2007, 6:27 PM

Post #4 of 7 (3670 views)

Shortcut

As I have said in two prior posts, I have no trouble getting to your website. The problem occurs when I click on 'Basic Spanish and English'. I am immediately returned to the original page that opened--the OLD website. Another poster here, morgaine, experiences the same problem.

(This post was edited by esperanza on Jan 31, 2007, 6:27 PM)

britt

Jan 31, 2007, 7:33 PM

Post #5 of 7 (3664 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Spanish classes in Acapulco w/ comp. room!

Esperanza, Tienes toda la razón! I'm not sure why, but I promise to try to work that bug out. The title of that drop-down screen was not intended to be "clicked" on...if you drop down and select Spanish info. and then click "go" the link works. I'm not sure why, but clicking on what we thought was just a heading (not an actual link) reverts to our previous web site. I offer my sincerest apologies for this. As you can see, our web site, as efficient as I thought it was, has a bug or two. We were in Mexico City for 15 years before relocating to Acapulco a few months ago and we tried to make sure everyone who visited the old site was redirected to the new one (we dropped many programs and changed many things about our school, that's why we updated). But I really had no idea that any "click" on the new site would send you back to the old one. Thanks for pointing it out, sorry for the trouble (and equally sorry our announcement turned into a fiasco of hyperlink hyperbole, but such is life) and I promise to try and correct it. Here's a direct link to the Spanish info. page: http://www.angelfire.com/...ITT/aca/spanish.html
As you can see we are housed on angelfire (we don't have a large budget for advertising or web design, regretfully...we rely almost entirely on old fashioned word-of-mouth. Cheers and thanks (really!), I owe you a cunsulting fee. Greg

esperanza

Jan 31, 2007, 7:38 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3661 views)

Shortcut

Mándamelo lo más pronto que se pueda, porfas.

britt

Feb 1, 2007, 11:47 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3627 views)

Shortcut

OK. I've fixed the bug. (At least now if you click on a heading it won't bounce you around and it will ask you to choose a link in the drop-down screen). I'd like to say "thanks" for all the input. I especially appreciate those comments that were constructive and helpful (I might have never known about this otherwise). Now, I'd really like to just delete the posting and try again (anybody know how to do that?) But I guess I'll just wait until it's deeply buried in the forum and post it again one day. BTW, Anybody interested in Spanish Classes? Thanks again, this has indeed been a learning experience. Britt www.acabritt.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4