Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

2mexico

Jan 31, 2007, 10:19 AM

Post #1 of 9 (3220 views)

Shortcut

Lakeshore Car Rental - Airport Pickup?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Has anyone tried out the Lakeside Car Rental airport pickup at GDL? They offer that with a four-day rental, and we were wondering whether this can come off without a hitch, or if it was just simpler to catch the Chapala bus that stops at the airport in front of the hotel there.

Also, a question about that Chapala bus - in the past we have taken it from the airport to downtown Guadalajara (it lets you off at Parque Agua Azul). Can you also catch a Chapala (red and white) bus at the airport and continue directly to the lake, instead of returning downtown?

gringolandia

Jan 31, 2007, 1:42 PM

Post #2 of 9 (3194 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stanwolf] Lakeshore Car Rental - Airport Pickup?

Can't Post |
Currently the red bus does not go from the airport to lakeside...nor the reverse.

Septiembre

Jan 31, 2007, 6:00 PM

Post #3 of 9 (3170 views)

Shortcut

There is a hotel at the airport? A buddy of mine was looking for one in that area and couldn't find mention of it. Would you happen to know the name of it?

Thanks.

Dan

2mexico

Jan 31, 2007, 6:24 PM

Post #4 of 9 (3161 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Septiembre] Lakeshore Car Rental - Airport Pickup?

Yes, it is the Aeropuerto Hotel Casa Grande, just a bit to the right as you exit in front of the terminal. Here is a description (apparently provided by the hotel):

"Hotel Casagrande is located on the grounds of Guadalajara International and is conveniently connected to the airport by a tunnel. The comfort and warmth that you will find in Hotel Casagrande is provided by our kind personnel who strive to obtain your satisfaction. We offer 160 deluxe guest rooms, 30 suites with jacuzzi and steam bath and one two-level presidential suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony. We also offer non-smoking and handicapped rooms, a fitness center with jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath, and we have an outdoor swimming pool. Our spacious and functional Business Center offers you bi-lingual secretarial services, a copy center, fax, computers, personalized appointment management, 10 rooms for events and conventions with capacity from 10 to 600 people. All this and more upon your request." Rates a bit over $100usd a night.

There is convenient bus service mostly used by airport workers from the airport to downtown (stops at Parque Agua Azul near the old bus terminal), with the bus stop right in front of the hotel on the terminal access road. If I recall the fare is 5 pesos - as opposed to about 150 pesos for a cab ride. If you had a lot of baggage a cab would probably be better, but I like the bus with my customary single bag - soy poco codo.

esperanza

Jan 31, 2007, 7:35 PM

Post #5 of 9 (3150 views)

Shortcut

Cab fare from the airport to Ajijic is 280MN.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

johanson

Feb 1, 2007, 6:01 AM

Post #6 of 9 (3126 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Lakeshore Car Rental - Airport Pickup?

Aren't there two rates, one for late at night and the other for daytime, or did I misunderstand?

esperanza

Feb 1, 2007, 6:13 AM

Post #7 of 9 (3123 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Lakeshore Car Rental - Airport Pickup?

There is a night rate, but I don't know what it is.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

bfwpdx

Feb 10, 2007, 9:11 AM

Post #8 of 9 (3038 views)

Shortcut

In reply to the original question. I have used them once with complete satisfaction. Fernando met me at the Guadaljara airport for my 6:30am arrival on a redeye flight. The car is excellent. As I am still in the middle of the rental I will let you know how the return goes, but I have no doubt it will also go just as smoothly.

Don Daniel

Feb 12, 2007, 11:16 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2992 views)

Shortcut

We have used Lakeside Rental Car, for the past 2 years, we normally come down 3-4 times a year. Fernado is the best. He picks you up and delivers you back to the airport with your rental. On our last trip in January to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We brough our daughter and grandson. Two women and two guys for seven days. I gave Fernando advanced warning regarding the luggage. He arranged for a SUV to pick us up and to return us the the airport. This is all included in your rental agreement and it also includes Mexican insurance.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4