Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

barmarr

Jan 26, 2007, 11:19 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2477 views)

Shortcut

Driving from Puerto Vallarta TO Nogales

Can't Post | Private Reply
We will be driving from PV to Nogales and would love some suggestions on where to stay and where to eat. We will be leaving for the States on March 8th and willing to make the drive in 2-3 nights out. (My husband, of course, would make the drive in one night out if it were possible.) Thanks, Marilyn

patricio_lintz

Jan 26, 2007, 7:26 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2451 views)

Shortcut

Re: [barmarr] Driving from Puerto Vallarta TO Nogales

http://mexconnected.com/...tring=Guaymas;#57576

Bloviator

Jan 27, 2007, 5:08 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2437 views)

Shortcut

Re: [barmarr] Driving from Puerto Vallarta TO Nogales

When we drove from Nogales to Guad three weeks ago, it looked as if the new toll road between the San Blas turn off and Esquinapa was about to open - at least half of it. If it is open, it will make the trip a lot easier. They had completed the on ramp at Rosa Morada on the south and were grading and completing the final 1,000 yards at the north where the old cuota ends.

If you're going west from Nogales, give serious consideration to going to Sonoyta from Santa Ana/Magdelena. Going through Lukeville, you will have no wait at the border - it was 7 to 8 hours over Christmas at Nogales, though probably less now that the Christmas rush is over. It is also several miles shorter to CA through Lukeville on good roads. The road from SA to Sonoyta is just as good as that from SA to Nogales. The hiway in Arizona is excellent. Once you get to I-8, you can connect to all of California and the Pacific Northwest, though it may be shorter to Washington through Nogales. I'm not sure of that.

(This post was edited by dlyman6500 on Jan 27, 2007, 5:14 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4