Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Bert

Sep 11, 2002, 11:13 PM

Post #1 of 8 (2237 views)

Shortcut

Internet phone service

Can't Post |
I was using DialPad for some time but it seem they don't provide any economical or free plan any longer. Is anyone aware of any good alternative? I appreciate hearing from anyone, please - thanks!

RM

Sep 12, 2002, 7:29 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2234 views)

Shortcut

Internet phone service

Can't Post |
Try this link, it is probably exactly what you are looking for. It's called PhoneFree and lets you make phone calls via the internet. If I am not mistaken you need a computer for it, but the party at the other end only need a telephone.

Esteban

Sep 12, 2002, 8:10 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2231 views)

Shortcut

Dialpad not cheap? You better get a part-time job!

Can't Post |
Dialpad and other pc to phone systems no longer have free service but to call the US from Mexico, it's VERY cheap. To call the US from Mexico via Dialpad, the cost is 3.9 cents. That means you can talk for an hour for under $2.50 US. If that is expensive to you then maybe you can get a part time job to supplement your income :-). However, I've found that none of them work well with a dial-up internet connection. If you can afford a cable or DSL connection, the call will be almost exactly like calling from a real phone.

Bill

Sep 12, 2002, 12:38 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2232 views)

Shortcut

It Is Only PC-PC Calling

Can't Post |
I think we are all still looking for an alternative to Dial Pad which will allow PC- Phone calling.

Bill

Sep 12, 2002, 12:41 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2231 views)

Shortcut

Dialpad not cheap? You better get a part-time job!

Can't Post |
> If you can afford a cable or DSL connection,
> the call will be almost exactly like calling
> from a real phone.<p>Unfortunately a lot of these programs do not work with cable, DSL or wireless as the ports can be closed by the ISP. Then you have a major hassle getting your ISP to open the needed ports when then of course make you a target for hackers.<p>If anyone knows of some programs that DO work with DSL, wireless or cable I would love to hear about them. It's a never ending battle :)

Jim Bentein

Sep 12, 2002, 6:41 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2232 views)

Shortcut

Try Mediaring

Can't Post |
I use Mediaring here in Mazatlan and I have another friend that does also. We're both quite happy and he has dial-up service and I use cable.

Loco

Sep 12, 2002, 7:04 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2231 views)

Shortcut

NetToPhone

Can't Post |
It's part of Yahoo Messenger. Look in Tools -> Call. Probably need a credit card account. I tried it when it was free.<p>Replied earlier but got deleted with the Lucy-Bill show. I think the Mods are pissed at you as well.

Esteban

Sep 15, 2002, 2:02 PM

Post #8 of 8 (2230 views)

Shortcut

Dialpad works fine with a cable modem.

Can't Post |
Dialpad works with a cable modem and works very well.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4