Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

wendy devlin

Dec 21, 2006, 11:43 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3228 views)

Shortcut

Cosalá y Copala

Can't Post | Private Reply
Following from the discussion about Alamos, have any of you visited, dined or stayed in Cosalá or Copala?

rovingmx

Dec 23, 2006, 7:56 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3196 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wendy devlin] Cosalá y Copala

4 of us had a very good lunch at the restaurante at the northwest corner of the square. The town centro was undergoing a tune-up and fix up, clean up and paint up earlier this year when I visited. Friendly cops patrolling the square, one speaking good English and proud to be doing so. Things are looking up in Cosolá. I hear it has been very "druggy" in the past, or still is. Maybe not. Reached from the libre by a very winding and twisty road with more crosses per Km than I have seen on any other road. I also had a good lunch in Copala, and it was worth the drive. Dick

MazDee

Dec 29, 2006, 8:49 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3152 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wendy devlin] Cosalá y Copala

I have been to Copala a few times. It is a nice ride up into the Sierras and not far from Mazatlán. It is tiny but worth a day trip. You can see the whole town and have a leisurely lunch in about 3 hours, plus travel time. I want to visit Cosalá but haven't been there yet. I understand it has been nominated as a Heritage site, so it must have some historical interest. It is a little further from Maz, and when I go I will probably stay overnight there. When I go, I will report back if you still are interested.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4