Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

2mexico

Dec 27, 2006, 8:30 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1851 views)

Shortcut

Updated Gym Info?

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are thinking about trying out life in Jocotepec beginning in a few months. Searching this forum turned up a few sketchy mentions of gym availability Lakeside, but I would like to know more about what is really available here. I am used to a gym with a combination of free weights and Nautilus-style machines, and have come to depend on a three-day-a-week workout routine to maintain good physical condition.

Can anyone share their knowledge or experience with which gyms exist, where they are, how they are equipped, and what the costs are?

gringolandia

Dec 27, 2006, 11:25 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1823 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stanwolf] Updated Gym Info?

Can't Post |
The gym's in Jocotopec are very inexpensive and very, very basic...but the people are friendly....

2mexico

Dec 27, 2006, 12:31 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1812 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gringolandia] Updated Gym Info?

Thanks for the quick reply - can you provide a bit more detail? I take it there are then gyms (how many?) in Joco. Do you know what the cost is? Locations? I went to a very basic gym in Merida Yucatan a few times while visiting there, and found I could improvise quite a bit with what they had to offer.

gringolandia

Dec 27, 2006, 5:25 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1776 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I don't have exact addresses...but there are two on the carretera coming into Joco before the square...my neighbor says he pays 150 pesos for unlimited use....a great source of mre accurate info is to visit reuben at reuben's restaurant in San Juan Cosala...he has lived here all his life, speaks perfect English and knows the addresses for the gym's

Georgia

Jan 2, 2007, 7:46 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1687 views)

Shortcut

Forget Nautilus or Cybex circuits here. I finally opted for a personal trainer who uses a combination of balance exercises, aerobics, step aerobics, stretching, yoga, Pilates, ligas (stretch bands and tubes) and free weights. Her guidance and rigor have done far more for me than my old Natilus/Cybex routine ever did and about the same price! I used to be of the opinion that without circuit machines I couldn't get a decent workout ... no more!

ellijo

Jan 2, 2007, 7:54 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1683 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Updated Gym Info?

How did you find her?

http://vidalago.com/wordpress/

Georgia

Jan 2, 2007, 4:42 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1642 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ellijo] Updated Gym Info?

I asked around at various gyms if they knew of any personal trainers.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4