Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Larry

Mar 11, 2002, 12:13 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4051 views)

Shortcut

dry camping

Can't Post |
My wife and i would like to try and find info on the trip from Nogales to Acapulco and in particular road logs and any dry camping areas along the way. Much appreciated!! Hints,tips??<p>Larry and Karen Betts
B.C. Canada

David Eidell

Mar 11, 2002, 12:48 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4050 views)

Shortcut

dry camping

Can't Post |
I do this all the time and here's the method I use:<p>There are a ton of tiny restaurants along the coast that have room for parking. If you have dinner there, you might want to ask and the folks would more than likely be overjoyed to play host. If the area is appealing, check with your hosts about possible area security matters before you strike off on your own.<p>If service water is not scarce and a teenage member of the restaurant family looks like he's loafing around, I'll offer him fifty pesos to help me scrub down the rig from top to bottom (exterior). I find this to be money well spent and appreciated by the family and my rig gets to be clean again.<p>Carry a shovel and offer a modest dumping fee to dump your gray and black water tanks. I usually offer fifty pesos and fill fresh water from the restaurant spigot. Observe common sense and don't dump if the soil is saturated like a bog.<p>Those tiny restaurants are always hungry for customers and money and the small chores, and favors that you tip generously for will really brighten someone's day. I cannot place a value amount on friendship which seems to be a natural outcome of such a stay.<p>
Saludos!<p>
David

larry

Mar 11, 2002, 8:58 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4049 views)

Shortcut

dry camping

Can't Post |
Thanks alot for the tips David.<p>: I do this all the time and here's the method I use:<p>: There are a ton of tiny restaurants along the coast that have room for parking. If you have dinner there, you might want to ask and the folks would more than likely be overjoyed to play host. If the area is appealing, check with your hosts about possible area security matters before you strike off on your own.<p>: If service water is not scarce and a teenage member of the restaurant family looks like he's loafing around, I'll offer him fifty pesos to help me scrub down the rig from top to bottom (exterior). I find this to be money well spent and appreciated by the family and my rig gets to be clean again.<p>: Carry a shovel and offer a modest dumping fee to dump your gray and black water tanks. I usually offer fifty pesos and fill fresh water from the restaurant spigot. Observe common sense and don't dump if the soil is saturated like a bog.<p>: Those tiny restaurants are always hungry for customers and money and the small chores, and favors that you tip generously for will really brighten someone's day. I cannot place a value amount on friendship which seems to be a natural outcome of such a stay.<p>:
: Saludos!<p>:
: David<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4