Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Joel

Sep 12, 2002, 2:07 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1342 views)

Shortcut

So what's a person to do????

Can't Post |
From a previous post talking about the standard of living in Mexico. I'm guessing the addage for MOST Mexicans investing for their future relys in "Investing in their children" to take care of them when finally they are no longer able to work.<p>Is there really anything else out there middle class to protect them for there future otherwise? The only thing I can imagine is that they'll be trying to hoard dollars or some other commodity to place their investment. Sure dosn't sound like it would be a smart investment for any investor to put their money in a Mexican Bank!

Martha

Sep 12, 2002, 2:37 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1340 views)

Shortcut

You hit the nail on the head

Can't Post |
: My Mexican in-laws put their money in overseas banks, and in US property (houses and apartments in Texas and Florida). They also buy antiques and gold jewelry and coins. Several of my in-laws have parents and grandparents who had Mexican property stolen right from under them when some wealthy, politically connected person decided they wanted it. And Mexican banks aren't much better, as the events of the 1980's show-even though that was 20+ years ago, memories are long.

JAH in MN

Sep 13, 2002, 12:22 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1340 views)

Shortcut

You hit the nail on the head

Can't Post |
Well Good thing I'm not a Mexican, my wife is already having fits with me for being a pack rat. I couldn't imagine having to do that there.<p>However I still plan on visiting Mexico and visit many of my friends down there. While there I'm going to continue to see and do what I can do to help each one in my little way.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4