Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

tfyoung

Dec 10, 2006, 11:04 AM

Post #1 of 6 (7434 views)

Shortcut

Consulate in Veracruz?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Roy,
For those who might be considering retiring to Veracruz state, is there a US consulate office handy?

Rolly

Dec 10, 2006, 1:00 PM

Post #2 of 6 (7428 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tfyoung] Consulate in Veracruz?

The Embassy is in url "http://mexico.usembassy.gov/"]Mexico City.

There are consulates in these cities:
Guadalajara
Hermosillo
Juarez
Matamoros
Merida
Monterrey
Nogales
Nuevo Laredo
Puerto Vallarta
Tijuana

Edited to add Merida.

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on Dec 11, 2006, 1:51 PM)

tfyoung

Dec 10, 2006, 2:01 PM

Post #3 of 6 (7424 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Consulate in Veracruz?

Thanks Rolly. When we lived in San Miguel back in the 80s, there was a guy named, I believe, Phillip Maher, who had some State Dept title. Maybe not consulate. He was very handy when you needed something official done. I was trying to ask if there was a similar office around Veracruz/Xalapa. I might not have used the proper terminology.

Papirex

Dec 10, 2006, 4:34 PM

Post #4 of 6 (7416 views)

Shortcut

The type of official you are referring to has the title of warden. My understanding is that they are a sort of a deputy to a consulate. They do perform some of the same functions that a consul does. I don’t know which cities in Mexico may have a warden for a nearby consul in another city. You may be able to find their locations by contacting the Embassy in Mexico City, or follow this link for consular agencies: http://mexico.usembassy.gov/mexico/edirectory.html It does not appear that there is a consular agency in Vera Cruz.

I registered my address and Email address online with The US Embassy in Mexico City a few years ago, and I now receive warden messages occasionally. They are usually warnings about trouble spots in Mexico these days.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

(This post was edited by RexC on Dec 10, 2006, 4:57 PM)

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Dec 11, 2006, 9:01 AM

Post #5 of 6 (7390 views)

Shortcut

There used to be a US Consulate in Veracruz until the late 1990s, but unfortunately it was closed, so one has to go Mexico City to take care of any consular or embassy bussiness. I will have to go there to get my passport renewed.
Suerte!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

jimarmcoz

Dec 11, 2006, 1:01 PM

Post #6 of 6 (7375 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Consulate in Veracruz?

Also, there is a consulate in Merida, Yucatan.

Jim

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4