May 12, 2011, 2:51 AM
50 Years Ago (more or less) in Mexico - Trivia Quiz
| Private Reply
Fifty Years Ago in Mexico
Tony Burton is not allowed to provide answers! (smiling)
All ansers are true or false
1. The People of Monterrey were called “thrifty Regiomontanos”
2. Chapala, a quaint town of 2800 inhabitants located on the north shore of the largest lake in Mexico, is 30 miles south of Guadalajara on a high-speed highway.
3. In Chapala, The Hotel Nido, in town, is another good hotel, with rates 15 to 25 pesos single, and 25 to 50 pesos double; meals are 10 pesos per person per day.
4. Puerto Vallarta population was 4,800 people
5. In PV there were only 3 shops catering to tourists.
6. In San Miguel de Allende, at the Posada San Francisco Hotel on the zócalo, Ouija was the main attraction.
7. In 1954 Acapulco provided dozens of hotel choices.
8. Vera Cruz had a population of over 100,000
9. In Oaxaca one particular cathedral bell in Oaxaca had to be tried for heresy:
10. The bell was found not guilty
11. Mexico’s population in 1950 was 25 million souls
More in depth answers can be found here
Answers: 1. True 2. 5000 was the population. 3. False - Meals were 20 Pesos per day. 4. True
5. False there were no shops catering to tourists. 6. False – it was Ping Pong. 7. True 8. True
9. True 10. False the bell was found guilty 11. True
(This post was edited by robt65 on May 12, 2011, 2:52 AM)