Travel  |  See all articles tagged border-crossings legal

Obtaining an F.M.3

Discussion Thread Forum

Posted by Ernie Gorrie Aug,18 1996-2006

There was a question in MTMG #1 about whether it is possible to get an FM3 visa before arriving in Mexico. I picked up a standard hand-outfrom the Consulate-Generalof Mexicoin Vancouver recently. It is dated March 1994 and the following information is extracted from it.The FM-3 may be secured at any Mexican Consulate upon the presentation of all of the following:

1) A valid Canadian or US passport

2) Documentary evidence that the applicant will receive a monthly income of at least $1,000 for himself and for everyone dependent over age 15 (including spouse) US$500 while in Mexico

3) Two front-view studio passport photos

4) A certificate showing non-criminal status

5) A health certificate stating that the applicant is free of communicable diseases

6) The consular fee, as established at the time of application A visitante-rentista may temporarily take house and personal effects into>Mexico duty-free.I'm not sure where I read it,but I believe I saw information that if a person owns property in Mexico, the dollar amounts ($1,000 and $500) are cut in half.

Published or Updated on: April 18, 2006 by Discussion Thread Forum © 2009
Contact Discussion Thread Forum
All Tags