14 step program of recovery for Mexico Connect web addicts
- I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my PAPER newspaper like I used to, before the Web.
- I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.
- I will get dressed before noon.
- I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Web.
- I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Web-deprived.
- I will call someone on the phone whom I cannot contact via the Web.
- I will read a book...if I still remember how.
- I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Web.
- I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.
- I will not use my 3.00 a.m. bathroom trip as an opportunity to check for email.
- I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.
- I will remember that my spouse/partner has needs too, and will spend at least 1 hour per day in the real world.
- I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Web.
- Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime...and the Web will always be there tomorrow!
Published or Updated on: January 1, 2006