Smoked Fish Ceviche: Ceviche de Pescado Ahumado
Although most commonly made with raw fish, ceviche, which originated in Peru and arrived via the Pacific coast of Mexico, is delicious prepared with smoked fish, and probably a bit more reassuring for those that have doubts about raw fish.
- 1 pound smoked fish, such as mullet, sable or tuna, boned and shredded
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 2-3 limes, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients; allow to sit 1 hour to absorb flavors. Serve with tostadas and plenty of cold beer.
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer or snack.
Link to Source Article - The Cuisine of Colima: Tropical Delights from Mexico's Pacific Coast