Vee's too-easy pozole: Pozole facilito
I came up with this recipe when I was working a lot overtime. It was so nice to come home to a house smelling of good pozole. This recipe can be done over a regular stove — just cut cooking time down to three hours on low heat.
- 2 pound pork sirloin roast — no visable fat
- 2 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 2 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth (can be low fat or low sodium)
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 14.5 ounce cans of white hominy
- Put all ingredients except the hominy in a crockpot and turn on low.
- Cook for at least six hours.
- Shred meats, add hominy and turn up to high for one hour.
Serve with usual condiments — lemon, oregano, cilantro, onions, radishes.